Chapter 6 "Hot Choco and Cold Cola"

When I and Cola headed down the stairs, we heard a car engine roaring. Colas eyes grew big. "Manang, san pupunta si Mom?" "Papunta napo'ng Singgapore Ser," their housemaid replied. "ah, okay." I knew there's a change in the atmosphere when I saw Cola bit His lower lip. I can't believe he still have his habbit of biting his lip whenever he's disappointed or sad. 

"Anong gusto mong kainin?" Wow, Cola did a good job of bringing up a new topic to hide his disapointment. "Gaya lang ng dati," I replied. I know he knew that I knew what he feels right now but I bet it's not a good thing to let him deal with his mom-leaving-without-telling issues.

We were very silent while He ate bread, egg, and organic longganisa for breakfast. I on the other hand, sipped my hot chocolate with marshmallows. I broke the silence with a cough. "uhm, what mom and pop gave me is a car." I expected his eyes widen, jaw drop, cough or what. He did'nt even twitch a bit. "I'm happy for you car." I don't know why he reacted that way. Was he still disappointed about his mom leaving? Was he really happy? Did he think that I having a car is not a good idea? after that puzzling conversation, both of us shut our mouths until he finished eating.

He went back to his bedroom to get something while I finish my drink. After a minute, I saw him at the second floor shouting. "Cara, catch!" I was so damn surprised that I caught whatever he was throwing. Ganun nalang ako kasurprise 'cause I don't usually catch something that is thrown because of my poor reflexes.  When I opened my hand, I saw his car keys. "Where are we going?" He just laughed while taking the stairs two at a time. 

I followed him outside and I found the two of us in their garage where his blue audi was parked. He leaned in his car's hood. woooow,wait. I stopped walking. Damn! He looked like a super model posing for a car magazine. I didn't hear what he was saying while i was busy checking him out from head to toe. I finally woke up from my fantasy when he shouted "Cara mel! are you okay!? Your cheeks are too red," he poked my cheeks with his forefinger and that made my face feel even hotter. "Are you blushing?" I was so nervous that I clicked the button on his car keys accidentally. "Wait, what? blushing? NO! I mean yes! Blushing as in BLUSH-ON cole," I hopped on inside the car when he managed to open the car door. "You know, make-up and all." oh shoot, he doesn't know what blush-on is ,"uh! a girl thing." Thank God he bought the blush-on excuse and walked around the car  and finally sat on the driver's seat. He placed his open palms near me and I thought he was going to touch my face again so I leaned a bit farther from him.