Chapter Nineteen

November 18th, 2038
06:39:58 AM

I get up, my Thirium immediately rushing to my head. I groan, feeling sick. My head is pounding. I look around, realizing that I'm in my bed. How did I—? You know what? Never mind..

"Haaaaaaaank...!" I say in a loud slur.

"What?" I hear his voice from the next room, muffled by the walls.

"I don't feel gooooodd." I say.

"It's what you get for drinking." He says.

"You're the one who suggested it!!"

"If I suggested drinking poison, would you do it?" Hank asks.

"What we drank was poison!" I complain.

"Only if you drink it 24/7." He retorts.

"Can you please shut up, my head hurts." Connor mumbles from his under his pillow.

"Go ahead to the bathroom and throw up." Hank says.

How do we even throw up..? I think about all of the bio components and parts inside of me. I stop at the bathroom, the world blurring for a moment. I feel sick as I drag myself to the toilet and fall to my knees. I hold my hair up, nearly choking as I gag. I heave as quietly as possible, trying not to disturb Hank or Connor.

Once I finish, I wipe my mouth, feeling only slightly better. I look in the mirror, my hair tangled, my shirt wrinkled and my body in need of a shower. I notice my LED blink. I keep forgetting I have one.. I open the mirror, looking for anything to remove the LED.

I grab a pair of scissors, bringing them to my temple. I dig the metal into my skin, trying to get the piece of plastic off. It hurts as I drop the scissors, a small amount of blue trailing down my cheek. I wipe it away, grabbing a bandaid. I open the bandage up, pressing it to my skin, trying to stop the bleeding. No blood seems to be visible as I look at the shower.

I still need one. Damn it!! Why did I put the bandaid on if I was going to take a shower? I groan, peeling the bandaid away and tossing it into the trash bin. I turn the water to cool/warm/hot, waiting for it to get to my preferred temperature. I walk into the hallway, wondering if Hank has another bathroom.

"Hey, Hank?" I call outside of his door.

He hums in response. "Do you have another accessible bathroom?"

"Yeah, why?"

"I'm going to take a shower."

"Ok, yeah, go ahead." He says.

I walk into the bathroom, steam/cool air/warm air greeting me. I take in the temperature before locking the door and undressing. I step into the water, letting myself soak in it. I then proceed to shampoo, wash up, and condition my hair, body and face.

As I finish, I realize that I forgot to grab a towel. I groan loudly.

"Connnooooorrrr!!!" I call.

"What?" He replies, somewhat annoyed.

"I need a towel!"

"Uh— ok!! One moment..!" He says hesitantly.

I rush out of the shower and unlock the door, trying not to get the floor wet. I dart back into the shower, making sure the curtain covers me. Connor walks in, nearly bumping into the wall. I realize that he's covering his eyes with one hand and holding a towel with the other.

"Uh.. where are you?" He asks from behind his hand.

"Walk forwards." I laugh.

He stumbles over to me, holding the towel out for me. I take it and wrap it around me.