Chapter Twenty

November 18th, 2038
08:37:01

The three of us arrive at the scene, several lines of digital caution tape closing off the entrance. "DPD." I greet the officer in the front with my badge.

He nods, letting us walk into the parlor. Multiple little yellow tags are on the floor, marking down any bits of evidence. We walk over to a female, whom is now speaking to Hank. I do a quick scan of her.

Minnie Denover
Birthdate// February 16, 2013
Criminal Record// None

"Hello, Ms. Denover." I greet.

"The poor kid, he was only four.." she says.

I note that she says "was" instead of "is."

"The older brother's losing it. Same with the dad.. poor family.." She says. I nod. "One second, Miss." I say, realizing something.

I walk over to my partners. "The father was saying how he'd lose his mind without his son."

Hank and Connor nod. "But he still had his older son.."

"Yeah. But who wouldn't go crazy if their son was missing?" Hank says.

"I just think.. none of this adds up.." I mutter.

I then inspect the area. I bend down to the first clue: an ID belonging to the older brother.

Jackson Mantele
Born// October 17th, 2019
Criminal Record// None

"He's 19.." I note.

I then walk over to the back of the parlor. "Uh, you're not allowed back there." Minnie says.

I look at the two doors separating me from the other side. "What do you mean?"

"I didn't give anybody permission to go back there."

I suddenly grow suspicious. I furrow my eyebrows as Hank walks over to me. "What's wrong?"

"She said we're not allowed back there." I jab a thumb at the doors.

"Ok, then what's the issue?" He asks.

"We need to have access to every room in order for this to be a thorough investigation." I counter as Minnie stands awkwardly.

"Yeah... but she said she doesn't want us back there." Hank says, walking away.

I relent, stepping away from the doors. I bend down to "inspect" another clue. Out of the corner of my eye, I see Minnie walk over to Connor, the two of them speaking.

I look around quickly, making sure that nobody's watching. I quickly slip past the doors, entering the room. I scan, noticing a poster with the bottom corner bent, obviously recently touched. I grab my gun and flashlight from my waist and connect the two. I shine the light at the poster, grabbing the corner and lifting it up.

I nearly scream when I see a body, no.. a corpse. I scan the body, my face paling.

James Mantele // DECEASED
Birthdate- October 1st, 2034-2038