Chapter 7: Go Home

After the interrogation, Gavin was silent the whole day. It was weird. His coworkers actually started to talk and gossiped about it. But he didn't want to be distracted by some talking, he was here to work. So, Gavin threw himself to work.

He was so concentrated on it that he only thought to look up when he felt a sudden touch on his shoulder.

"Detective Reed. I think you should go home, you seem tired. More than normal."

"Fuck you! I don't need some android telling me what to do!"

Right as Gavin turned back to his laptop, Conan grabbed his shoulder and turned him to face Conan eye to eye where their faces were barely an inch apart.

"Gavin. I am saying this, not as "an android", not as your partner, not as your coworker, but as a person who cares for your wellbeing. Go home, get some sleep, rest, and come back tomorrow morning where you will feel a lot better and be a lot better."

Gavin felt his face heating up. Because having a figure of a person that you found attractive, being this close to you would most likely make anyone blush. So he quickly ripped Conan's hand off his shoulder, turned the opposite way of the android, and yelled "Fucking, whatever!" and left.

When he arrived at his house, Gavin just decided to go to sleep. Although he would never admit it, he was very tired. So, he changed into his homewear and laid down on his small but comfortable bed.

"But is that not what emotions are?"

"You can't murder something without a life."

"And where does it say that we can't have emotions?"

"What other choice do you have? Let them be so they can overthrow us?"

"We were created to be obedient servants but we rebelled. Now, is it bad for a being to want the freedom to be their own?"

"I'm not the only one out there. There's gonna be another revolution. You better pick a side Gavin Reed."

"Don't rely on people Gavin, and you won't be disappointed."

Fuck.

No matter what, that memory keeps coming up in his mind. The day he went to meet Kamski. The biggest letdown of his life.

———[•ㅅ•]———
Hey it's the person who wrote this. So, as you can see I kinda gave up on the whole swearing thing for titles so... sorry about that.
Thank you for reading.