Chapter 10- Destroya/ Vampire Money

Moonlight shone dimly through the dirty windows. However, that wasn't what was keeping Cyanide Murder awake; her head was filled with thoughts of Party Poison.

Besides, she didn't want to sleep; the nightmares got worse every night.

She curled up in her bed, trying to ignore the thoughts and to succeed at staying awake by staring at the ceiling. The house they had found this time had been completely abandoned; the furniture had remained along with the family's clothes.

Cyanide wondered if the family had been destroyed. Maybe they went crazy and killed themselves, she thought. However, it was more likely Better Living Industries had killed them off. She then wondered if they had done anything illegal or if they had been innocent. Better Living did seem to have something against the innocent.

The good thing about this house was that it was more private than their last camp; they now had their own rooms. Hers was painted a dim grey and plastered with posters with Better Living's slogans. She wanted so badly to rip them down in fury, but Fun Ghoul advised her not to. He didn't explain exactly why either, but she didn't really want to know.

Hey, at least she had a bed to lay in instead of the cold, hard floors she was so used to.

Cyanide closed her eyes just as the door to her room opened. Her eyes shot open to see a dark silhouette enter the room.

"Fun Ghoul?" she said, sitting up.

He closed the door behind him. "Haven't you fallen asleep yet?"

"Haven't you?"

"No," said Fun Ghoul, sitting on the edge of her bed, "I haven't fallen asleep yet either."

"So why are you here?"

"Why not? I enjoy company."

She didn't make any attempt to move as Fun Ghoul leaned in. In fact, she was paralyzed as his lips met hers and sent electricity running through her veins. His hands were placed on her hips, pulling her closer to him.

What was she doing? She was in love with Party Poison, not Fun Ghoul. Somehow, though, she enjoyed this; Cyanide enjoyed it as he gently opened her mouth with his lips, but she immediately pulled away.

"No, Fun Ghoul- I just can't." She was shaking her head. All she could think about was Party Poison.

"At least let me stay here with you," Fun Ghoul said, looking ashamed. "I want to make sure you get some sleep."

Exhaling, she lay back down. "Fine."

Fun Ghoul lay down next to her,. After a few seconds, he whispered, "It helps to sleep if you close your eyes."

She squeezed them shut. "Goodnight, Fun Ghoul."

He gave her a kiss on the forehead. "Night, Cyanide."

______

Cyanide heard a shrill shriek, causing her to awake from her dreamless unconsciousness. Fun Ghoul was already up, throwing her mask and gun at her.

"Hurry up!" he said in a hushed tone. "We're being invaded by Dracs!"

At first, she was confused. Fun Ghoul was acting as if last night didn't happen- unless she had been dreaming. She thought back and concluded he was just ignoring the fact that they had kissed last night. So she decided to also.

Cyanide shot to her feet, placing the mask on her face. At first it was a bit annoying during the practices, where the Killjoys made her wear it. Now it was a great companion during battles.