3. Introductions

hey all, sorry for the late chapter, It was A-level results day so things have been really hectic, I tried to make this longer, enjoy

................................................................................................................................................................

I awoke with a start as I had been dreaming about the war in my country and my means of escape. Panting heavily, I realised that I was in an unfamiliar environment without my jewellery or robes. On the verge of panic, I quickly composed myself, recalling my teachings as a former noble.

A man was sat staring intensely at me and I swore I saw his eyes change colour. Blinking twice, I took a deep breath and asked him as it seemed that he was my only source of information.

"who are you and where am I?",  I was surprised at my own voice as it came out deeper than I expected "I must have lost my voice from screaming so much"

 "You may call me Damien", he spoke clearly and it seemed that he was of a high calibre "who may you be?"

His voice was much deeper than mine and I noticed him clench his jaw. He definitely was an attractive man.

"Nami Unala",I replied curtly, not wanting to reveal too much about myself to a stranger, "why am I here"

He frowned slightly and ran his hand through his dark hair. 

"I found you collapsed on the shore, I own this land so technically you were trespassing on my property"

I could only open my mouth in confusion as I stared at him, I should be grateful that I drifted onto shore instead of drowning.

"I am indebted to you," I whispered looking down at my clasped hands "thank you"

I leaned forward to hug him, as it was a gesture used in my village to show appreciation, only to be shoved at arms length by Damien.

Keeping his distance, he walked away from the room before returning a few moments later with what seemed to be a bowl of soup.

"Here you must be hungry" he said placing my food on the table next to the bed before hastily making his way back to the desk a few good metres away from the bed. Was he scared of me?

I could only murmur out a thank you as began to drink the soup, it didn't taste amazing but I was starved and began to lap the soup hungrily not caring about appearances. I noticed Damien was still observing me and his stare had grown hard.

I paused like a deer in headlights remembering my training.

head up Nami

back straight Nami

patience Nami

If you do not eat with etiquette, you will not eat at all

I slowly licked my lips and began to eat with more dignity, occasionally glancing at Damien. He was still staring straight at me and I began to feel uncomfortable. 

There was an awkward silence as I finished my meal and without a word Damien had collected my dishes and made his way out of the kitchen. I quickly rushed out after him, I had been taught to clean up after myself and I was a guest in this house, I had to do my part to show him I was grateful.

He had a nice home, it was... different to my home as it had so many bits of machinery and was much cooler. I kept on walking, clutching the bed sheets wrapped around me  until I spotted him in what seemed to be the kitchen. 

"Damien!" I called out "please let me clear up my mess"

He turned to look at my dishevelled appearance and took in a sharp breath. He quickly turned back to the dishes and I sighed, was he ignoring me?