20. Cruelty

Omniscient

Damien sighed as he scrolled through the numerous contracts and files on his tablet, rubbing his temples in the process.

"Why am I so restless?" He asked himself leaning back into his chair to stare at the ceiling.

Nami

"Fuck" he hissed aggressively toying with his hair, "she's still on my damn mind"

Ever since he had been purposefully trying to put some distance between them, her image began to cloud his thoughts moreso than before.

"I don't understand" he groaned, "I already have enough essence."

Damien began to browse through his bookshelf in the hopes of finding something that would explain these strangely familiar feelings associated with Nami.

Slipping on his reading glasses he began to scan through various books covering both human and incubi emotion.

Some incubi long for a specific essence which is why contracts and seals between humans and incubi exist.

To prevent unnatural feelings developing, all seal pairs must partake in the underground events at least once a month.

"I cant put Nami through that process..." he muttered to himself before furrowing his brows, "I don't long for her specifically? She just happened to be the only essence I've had in a while"

Damien turned back to his work in an attempt to distract himself from what he thought to be side effects of socialising with human women.

"If these shares were invested here then...." He began to think, " I need the files Nami was supposed to be working on"

"Nic!" Damien called out to no response.

At that point he knew something wasn't right, it took no longer than 3 seconds for Nic to respond whenever he called.

The fact that he didn't reply meant that Nic wasn't in. Getting up from his seat Damien made his way to his elder sister's room.

"Lily?" He knocked a few times on her door before opening it, "she's gone too?"

"This is ridiculous" he thought to himself before calling out to a random member of staff.

"Have you seen my sister? Or Nic?" Damien asked a little agitated

On noticing his foul mood the servant stepped back a little.

"Lily went out last night and I believe Nicholas left the grounds with your guest a few hours ago...sir" he explained worriedly

"Impossible!" Damien flared up before storming into Nami's room.

She was gone.

"No no no no" he repeated to himself rushing into the CCTV suite, "where could they have gone!?"

"Damiee" called out a familiarily irritating voice, "I've got something for youu"

"Not now Dom!" He hissed out eyes glued to the computer screens

"Wow someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed" Dominic smirked appearing next to his brother and placing his hand on his shoulder

"Get off me" he hissed slapping the hand away, "I'm busy"

"Too busy for info on your precious little thing?" Teased Dom a smirk plasterer all over his face.

Damien froze in his tracks immediately and gripped Dom by the neck of his shirt.