Chapter-9

**Ugene's POV **
What the hell!!! I thought this all event was meant to be only for our damn batch. What the hell is he doing here, he was not supposed to be here.
He makes me remember my weakness. I have moved on from my past and now his sudden sight has made me paralyzed again.
I shift uncomfortablely in my position.
"Hey...you guys really don't know each other? I heard that.
.. Ugene you...you saved him from some bullies." She said smiling.
The mention of that event made me afraid. I felt like running away from this whole damn world. I just wanted fight with everyone, or kill everyone. I felt like people are trying to question me and my character. I kept staring at the wall and pressing the fork tightly on the table.
" Ugene...Ugene..." I heard Tessa's voice. I looked up trying to face her face. She was still smiling at me. Her smile felt like mockery.
"I think...I ...should go..." I murmured and stood up to walk out of the cafe.
I heard Tessa's voice calling from behind.
But my steps don't led me stop. I kept moving forward until I reached my car.
"Stop!!!"I heard from back. Damn she came in my car only, now I can't leave her like this here. I have to take her with me. But I don't want that boy whatever his name is, to stay in my car. He make those scar bleed again. I am still suffering from the pains he caused me.
I stopped and looked back, only Tessa was there, I gestured her to move faster. She came to move taking bog steps.

"What happened to you? Why do you came running here suddenly?" I saw so many questions in her eyes.
I have took a wrong step, I guess. If I would have behaved normal about coming here, she wouldn't have been suspicious.

I opened the door of the car. She sat in her seat and I moved to sit alternate with her. As I drove the car I saw that boy standing on the door of the cafe in my rare view mirror.

I geared fast and started the car fastly.
"What happened? Is something wrong ?" Tessa asked looking at me.
I tried to light the situation so I plastered a fake smile on my face,
"Actually I thought the event must be started... Instead of wasting time here...we should go" I uttered.
"Well! Yea...but I guess we should give Archie a lift" she said looking back.

"Umm...I forgot about him...he was a just a junior...doesn't matter much...I want to meet our batch mates" I said all fake words. My thoughts were completely opposite, even these batch mates don't matter at all for me, neither do I matter for them.
Tessa was now sitting comfortably in her seat, she didn't asked any other questions. We drove in silence.
Anyone would have asked questions, my answers were incomplete, but I think she doesn't care about it or about me at all.

As soon as we reached, Tessa moved out fastly and started hugging everyone she meets. I was following her and I just waved or had a little formal talk with them. I remember most of them, but I don't feel like talking to anyone. I wish I could be like Tessa, at least I want that abilitiy to show people that I am so happy to meet them, or to fake that I am so happy in my life.
I stayed there meeting people with plastic smile for few hours until they all started dancing. I left the place to find some personal space.
I came out of the auditorium and walked towards the class I used to sit in my final year. I found it soon, still in my memory, and settled in the bench I usually used to sit.
I suddenly realised a new found heaven. I started imagining that like those older days, a professor will come and start teaching us.
I think this reunion for me is not about people actually, its about the place and about that personal comfort I used to feel here. That's why I guess despite all those miseries of my life I came here.

I kept my head down on the bench  as I used to do, the hard table of school felt even more comfortable and peaceful than my soft bed.
But now I was big my legs were not fitting in the table and my back was long enough to bend on the table.

Just then I heard someone's footsteps, but I still kept my head down.
"My son" I heard a familiar voice and saw my principal sir standing on door.

I stood up in my usual greeting gesture like earlier school days.

"Sit down...sit down" he said and gestured his hand.
I felt like I reached in that older times.

"So...what are you doing in your life?" He asked me looking in my eyes.
For a moment I felt like I can say anything , there is no need to think before speaking. This man never judges me, I know it. Sadly only one such a person exists in my life.
"I am doing...well...nothing at present" I said with a sigh.
He kept looking at me without a tinct of change in his eyes.

"What do you want to do?" He asked.
"Actually... Actually... I want to be a gym trainer..." I said looking down to hide my hesitation.
He patted my back,
"Look up...what happened?" He asked.
I looked up,
"You...you don't think that being a gym trainer...is..." I was about to say something but was out of words.
"I think its like any other job, its great that you have a dream, however big however small every dream is precious" he said looking in my eyes.
"But...but my family don't want me to do it, they want me to join family business" I uttered my problem.
"Hmmm...I see...its your life...your dreams are important so as your parents, you can't compromise any of them, so just let your parents understand yourself... They are your parents, they love you and you can make them understand you, only you" he said with confidence.

"Yea..." I Said.
He stood up,
"Now I think you should go and have a walk at other places of your interest as well" he said smiling.
"Yea...I just wanted to spend some more time here" I said tapping the desk.
"Okey...remember one thing, you get life only ones, so accept it and accept yourself...always do what your heart tells you...because heart exists on left side but its decisions are always right" he said as he reached on the door of class.

I could see a deep sense in his eyes. I feel this man knows me so much, even more than myself. He accepts me and never judges me. I am sure he wants to give me a lot of teachings but he can sense my hesitation about myself, that's why he moulded the entire teaching about life in a quote and presented it to me.
He has totally won me over.
I stood up to explore me and my legs guided me to the basement area.

It was dark there, I saw someone sitting in there. I think I should go, will come back after this person is gone.
But who could be this person, who is not attending that so called 'happening' party and is sitting here in dark.
I moved forward to see the front of that person.
It was Archie!!!

*****************************
Liking the story please do follow me on Instagram @aarzoo_2000 for further updates.