Chapter-3

**Alexa's POV**
I was sitting in my room, when my phone flashed with a notification.
'Hey Alexa, what are you doing this weekend? Can we meet? Let me know when you are free.
Ugene'
I was not shocked, though this was the first time when he had contacted me.
We have seen each other a lot of times in parties, get togethers, meetings and all but never talked or showed interest in each other, we even ignored each other's presence because it never mattered.
But that day after the Romani's had left my mom came in my room, and directed me to start dating Ugene.
Their and mine family has decided to pair us. I was sure that something fishy is going in the minds of these people since they have started behaving so well with me.
But this is seriously hilarious, this is my life and I am  supposed to take my decisions, but such an important decision has been taken on my behalf, that too without considering my choices and me.
This is also not new for me, I know my family they pretend to be morden and open minded but actually are highly conservative and orthodox.

Anyway I can't argue with them, mom strictly told me that our business needs 'The Romanis', and I am being used as a trump card.
'Our business' or I should say 'their business', because my family only consider my father and brothers when it comes of family business. Still they won't hesitate to use me for their business.

I sometimes ponder that what kind of fake world am I living in. Here people are double standard, my family wants me to date Ugene, but at the same time they want to pretend that everything is going on its own and not planned.
Mom instructed me to wait for Ugene to initiate the relationship, although she was so desperate for us to start dating. She already knew that Romanis are interested in this matchmaking, so definitely Ugene will try to contact me.

But I was feeling low now, I was so confused about my feelings for Ray and now in the middle of all this, a new drama has started. My family was supposed to help me in clarification of my feelings , but on contrast they are creating more obstacles for me.

I laid on my bed,closing my eyes and wondering what should I reply him.
Just then my phone rang. I opened my eyes to see who it is.
Mom...why is she calling me now...maybe to ask about Ugene's message... but how come she got to know about the message...
I picked the call.
"Yeah mom..." I spoke pretending to be half asleep.
"Did Ugene approach you?" Mom asked at ones.
"Umm...no...I mean I didn't check my phone"
"What!!! Then check it right now!!!" Mom said almost ordering like a boss.

"Mom...mom...calm down...I mean...there's no need to do all this...can't we...be just normal" I somehow tried to calm her down.

"I don't want to listen anything... Did you get that...I want a invitation from him right now!!!" Mom yelled.

"What's my fault mom, if he isn't initiating?, you don't want me to initiate either...why are we playing this game" I also felt angry now.

"You are not old enough to ask such questions... Do as you are directed... If he doesn't initiate its your fault... you will be failed to attract him...you are a girl and it will be a big failure...you don't deserve to be called a Lombardy girl if you fail to attract a boy!!!" Mom screamed.

I was out of words now, my existence is being questioned just because a boy doesn't approached me. I hanged the call, felt like crying.

After five minutes I called mom and with full confidence in my voice, I told her about the message.
"Great...now reply that you will meet him this weekend" mom said happily.
How fast she changes herself, how she manages to do all this.

I hanged the phone without saying anything and texted Ugene as I was directed like a lifeless robot.

We both decided to meet at Nightlife cafe at 7 pm this Saturday. Usually on weekends I spend my evening at Ray's show. He only sings on weekends in that club, I don't know where he lives and what he does on rest of the days. Sigh, this saturday I won't be able to see him.