Chapter-11

**Ugene's POV **
I got up eyeing the ceiling fan. My eyes could barely open up and my head was heavy. Headache covered me. I remember having drinks then landing on Archie's door.
I looked around and figured out that it is not my room. I looked beside me...to my shock I saw Archie sleeping next to me!!!
What the hell just happened last night. Oh god!!! Not again.
I yelled loudly,
"Archie!!!"
He got up in a shock maybe afraid because I shouted,
"What happened? What happened?" He shouted and put a pillow over his head covering his ears,
What is he trying to do...
"What are you doing?" I shouted again.
"Earthquake!!!" He shouted back.
"What? No there is no earthquake," I said in a low tone,
"Oh! Well you shouted so I thought the bed is trembling" he said putting the pillow aside with a small laugh on his face.
How could he laugh, I am shocked.
I raised my hands in surprise,
His reaction suddenly changed to a little confused,
"Wait.. Then why did you shouted?" He inquired.
"Huh? Can't you see the earthquake in our lives...or I should say my life" I said sniffing.
"Really..." he still looked confused,
"Well I can't see it properly...am I blind" he said looking around.
How could he be so calm,
"No you are dumb, can't you see we ...we slept together"my anger returned.
" yea...so you mean to say that when we were asleep and earthquake happened " he again put the pillow over his head.
"No stupid...how come you be such an idiot? Can't you see we both are men...and we...we just..." I was out of words.
He paused a little,
"Well...see,I know what you mean, but I don't think it is much trouble... I have already told you that I don't regret all this...I have accepted that I am a gay, I don't have any problem with me...and besides this I am interested in you and I can see that you too are... Then..." He was explaining calmly, but I cut his words his words in between by raising my hand,
"I am not interested in you at all, you must be a gay but I  am a straight person" I argued.

"But..."

"No buts, remember one thing, I am a straight person, I am not like you...and...and I can charge rape case on you" I pointed my finger on him.
He was shocked by my words and he put his left hand on his chest as if my finger has fired a bullet on him,
"Me...I didn't raped you..." He said.
"I...I just...anyways let me tell you the entire story... When we were in school, other students usually used to bully me because all of them were aware with the fact of me...me being different from the rest of the boys.
The day you helped me and fought for me, I felt an instinct connection with you, that's why I helped you hide at the place where I used to hid, I thought that we can be friends and that you will protect me from everyone, but we ended up kissing and after that you became kind of weird. You started ignoring me. And I realized that I am made for no one, no body is going to accept me ever. I isolated myself too just like you, but unlike you I was weak and everyone continued to bully me.
You know all my school and college life has been in dark. I always used to hid from everyone.
But then one fine day I met our school principal accidentally, and he gave me contact of a therapist Miss Carolina. She herself is a lesbian and had fought for her existence. She brought me to the light. Now I can accept myself, I love myself.
I had started to live alone and had decided that I will live alone forever. Its not like that, that I wasn't happy about it. I was fine with idea of being alone, I just love my company.
But then destiny made us meet again, when I got a call from the school to volunteer the reunion event of my senior batch. I already knew you will be there because I myself made the list of guests. I thought just like me you must have loved me.
But when we met you were...rude towards me. So I said sorry to you. Then we became friends. And when last night you came to my room, I realised that you love me too.
Although nothing happened as you are thinking, you were drunk, we just kissed and you slept after that.
I know you love me too, I love you too...I guess that's why you are single...so let's just spend life together on our terms and norms. But I think you have a problem accepting yourself, I can give you the number of that therapist and she will fix you as well." He spoke I a low voice.
At first the idea of living together on our terms seemed happening to me, but then I know no one will accept a gay. Forget everyone, I can't accept myself as a gay. I am a straight person and I will prove it to everyone.
"Listen you gay...I AM A STRAIGHT PERSON. I can never love you. Do hell with you and you life. I will prove everyone that I am a straight person And by the way, no one outside is going to believe that we didn't did anything. If anyone saw us walking together out of the room, they will start making stories." I yelled even louder.
He looked down,
"Well it is even more difficult than what I thought it was. I think you will require more time with the therapist"

"I will kill you and your damn therapist... I am straight, I will prove it to world"

"To world...or to your own self" he said calmly. Somewhere he is right. I am trying to make myself believe, not everyone. But the fact is that if I will  let everyone know, this world will never accept me.

"See I am tell ing you last time, I am not interested in you useless words,get out of my house "

"Fine, I will leave and we will never meet, but just prove me that you don't love me" he uttered looking down.

I got out of bed and slam open the room's door.
Hell, I saw mom standing right in front of me. I hope she hasn't listened anything.
"Good morning son," she said happily.
"Morn...morning mom"

She looked from my side towards the door. Oh god! Now what is she thinking?
"Oh I see, you and your fellow are really close" mom said with a neutral expression but the word 'close' was sufficient to panic me.

"No...what are you saying" I almost screamed.

"Watch your tone son. I am just saying that you both had great time last night, chatting...I hope you must be in a great mood now" she said and waved from my side to Archie who was now standing behind me.

"Good morning..." She said to Archie.
"Archie...my name is Archie... Good morning ma'am" Archie behaved as if nothing happened.

"Oh you seem a nice boy to me. You should make your friend understand that I am not a bad woman" my mom said sarcastically looking at Archie but keeping an eye on me.

"Mom..." I murmured.
"What do you wanna talk?" I added.
"Your marriage son...Alexa" she said in a warm tone.
Well I was against the idea of marrying Alexa but right now I wanted to prove Archie that I am a straight person.
"Well...ah...I thought about it all last night, and...I think she is a nice girl...will keep me happy...I mean I am happy whenever I am around her...so yea..." I said.

"Really" my mom clasped her hands in amazement. I can see she is really happy. At least I am out from this confronting answering shit with her now.

Mom walked downstairs in happiness of course to call the Lombardy's. I turned around to see what Archie is up to.

He moved in without a word took his bag and walked downstairs.

"Hey Archie...you can stay for my wedding... You get to meet Alexa...she is a nice girl..." I spoke in sarcasm, I was feeling a kind of victory over him.

"Yea you should" my mom said standing close to the staircase, with her perfect smile searching for Lombardy's contact on her iPhone.

"No well...I have sort of...things to do" Archie said with his eyes down.
"Oh I really love her, it would be great if you could make it to the wedding" I said stating my victory.

"Well...I would love to see your after life after the wedding, you know...to see you...happy" he said, sarcasm hitting his tone.
"I guess that's what friends do, ensure that each other is happy" he added looking to my mom. She nodded.

Archie left then and there. The grief in his eyes marked my victory, well not exactly a victory. The sarcasm in his last words showed that maybe I won the argument , but he won himself , and I lost myself as a person.

****************************
Liking the story please do follow me on Instagram @aarzoo_2000 for further updates.