Chapter-18

**Ugene's P.O.V **

Its been a month after the engagement day. I still can't believe the way Alexa behaved with me that day. Its not like that, that I don't accept her being in a relationship and doing all sorts of crazy stuff for her lover. I honestly believe she does have the right to choose her life partner just like I do. Do I? Anyway...
I stunned me that day was extremely rude and arrogant behavior. She was ready to go all way around to be with her boyfriend, without even thinking about my life. I am glad I am not going to marry that girl. Or maybe I am, who knows. Its her concern now by the way.
I closed my eyes, thinking all this stuff.
Love...Love can actually make you do all sorts of crazy stuff, and the weirdest thing is that you don't even realize what you are doing is crazy. All you think is this is something that is in interest of love.

Mom has been constantly forcing me to post pictures with Alexa on various social media platforms, but neither she is interested nor me. Why would we even be? She loves somebody else, and me...well, that still holds a question mark. 

I was seated in my cabin at my dad's office constantly looking at a picture of a body builder. It was an article posted by a gym trainer explaining about how he helped a rehabbed drug addict to be a fitness conscious body builder. Such articles always inspire me. As a child I always dreamt of owning a huge red furnished gym completely equipped  with all kinds of machines. I want to train people not only physically but also mentally. 

'Message from Alexa Lombardy' notification flashed on my screen. I was so deep engrossed in my dream gym that I didn't even bothered looking at what that message is. I put the phone aside and closed my eyes for a second. Images of my virtual gym, me training people, maintaining diet charts and motivating people towards fitness flashed in front  of my eyes. Life feels so great no tension no stress. Whenever I think about all this it calms my mind, but there's always a thought in the back of my mind that reminds me of reality. As I grew up the second thought became the primary one, and the dreams took the back seat. Today suddenly these thoughts occupied my mind again. 

Whatever the reality is I have accepted it not wholeheartedly but practically, now I can't dream as I used to do as a child. Now I am well aware with the harsh reality. Still my personal life is a big question mark.I have no clue  what future hold for me, nor do I have any aspirations to achieving, I am living with no reason, just breathing because the air is flowing.

"Sir, Mr. Romani has called for meeting of board of directors, he wants to see you there" I opened my eyes as I heard the voice of my secretary on intercom. Why do dad keeps including me in all his business meetings  when he clearly knows that I am not interested in all this.

***
The meeting started with a Mr. Eeld's speech, Mr. Eeld was the C.F.O. of the Romani enterprises and among one of my dad's close and trusted people. He started of with a power point and explained something which I was obviously not interested in. I was looking at him continuously without even winking pretending that my full attention is on him, but deep inside my mind I was counting for the meeting to end.
The meeting lasted for an hour and I felt as if it was going on for years. I made swift as soon as dad pressed the small meeting ended bell on his table.
"Son!" I heard his voice from behind as I was walking outside the meeting hall. I stopped and turned to face him. I know he is going to complain about me being unattentive towards the meeting, that's what he does, every time. He calls me for every meeting hoping I will pay attention, even I try my best to look focused but nothing was working for us.
"You were yawning all the time" he said as he reached me.
Damn! I guess this time I really made a fake impression, but I guess I failed again too.
"No dad, Actually I haven't slept last night. Nor do I..." I was making an excuse when he cut my words,
"Please! Its your company too. You are supposed to handle it after me. If you can't do it just say no. Okey, don't keep babbling." He said sharply.
"No dad, I will try my best and will make you proud" I said although I knew nothing was going to work. I could never be like him. I could pretend to work like him but I could never put my heart and soul here, when they are yanking in the gym.
"That's like a Romani" dad said and moved towards the smoking area.