Chapter-12

**Alexa's POV **
I was sitting inside my bath tub with water covering my whole body, still pondering about the letter.
What if whatever Simon said is true? What if it is not? What if Ray and Simon aren't actually dating? What if they are? What if it is all a plan to ruin me and take me back into it again through this letter? What if its not? What if Ray really does love if? What if he doesn't? What if...what if...what if...
"Honey...are you in" my mom called out from out side the bathroom.
"Um..yea...I am " I said realising that I should come out. I got out of the tub, grabbed my towel and fixed it around my body. I fixed my partially wet hair in another towel and walked out,

"Hey mum...you need anything" I asked.

"No, I was just here to tell you that the Romani's called..." I sensed a happiness in her voice but right now my mind was not present, it was somewhere else.

"Yea..." I murmured without even thinking what to say.
"Really? Then you must be knowing what is it for..." She said patting my shoulder.
I guess there is something she thinks I know, but have no idea what is talking about.
"You kids don't hide things...no..." She smiled.
"I am so much happy for you darling" she said pulling me into a hug,
I saw my phone buzzing on the bed , from my head on my mom's shoulder.
I moved apart to take it.
It was from Simon, like hundredth time.
This time I picked up,
"Hey...so read that" Simon asked.
"Yea...I " I stopped.
"Can we meet Alexa ?please" she pleaded.
"5:30 in Monet's" I answered calculating the time I would need to find out the actual story before meeting her.
"Sure...I 'll be there" she said and I hung the phone.
I think before meeting her I should do some real sort of investigation about truth.
"Who was it?" My mom asked from behind. I turned to face her.
"Ugene...I guess..." She said smirking with a big smile.
Ugene...where did that come from. I don't know what she is thinking but not even god can understand what's up on my mom's evil mind.
"Yea..." I agreed to her, keeping it safe,I don't wanted an issue with her me again meeting Simon.
"You are my daughter" she said stepping towards me to pull me in another hug, but I raised my hands to stop her,
"No if you don't mind I have to change, I gotta go somewhere" I said moving towards wardrobe.

"Really, I thought you are meeting him at 5:30...is it?" My mom followed me.

"Yea...I mean I am going to get me a dress...for the eve...and some other stuff" I continued my lie.

"Wow! That's great, let me come with you, I got a good dressing sense...unlike you honey" she said flipping her hair .
"No...no mum...I wanna do it alone "

"Fine, call me if you need help"

"Sure."
She left and I changed to my army print pants and dark green tank top. I pulled my hair in a bun, I grabbed my camera, a notepad, binoculars, a pencil and my cell phone into a bag and get out of the house. I felt a real detective, but detectives always end up getting something shocking, I hope I end up getting something satisfying.
I got my car landed it first to the club where Ray works.
"Hey can I see your manager?" I asked one of the waiters.
"Sure ma'am" he said and soon the manager was there in front of me.
The club looks entirely different in day ,with full light and few people. I never throught this place would be like this in the daylight.
"How may I help you ma'am?" The manager asked in a pleasant voice.
"I wanted to know about that singer Ray in your club"

"Yea...he works only on weekends"he answered.

"And on weekdays?"

"Well I don't know anything about his life outside the club"

"Fine, can you tell me about the accident that took place about a couple of months ago. That guy Ray, be fainted outside the club"

"Well I don't remember any such accident ma'am"

"Really? I got the news that no one from your club tried to help him despite the fact that he works here. Do you want me to encounter the cops"

"See I don't remember any such event. And besides this you got no evidences. You got no right to affect our reputation"

"Well you know my dad...huh...he can buy any evidence... And you were sayin' something about the reputation... Right...well what is reputation for a club whose existence is not evident in future" I said smirking hoping he may get where I am pointing to. If Simon is lying , he will stick to his words. If she is innocent ,he will accept it.

"Fine...it happened, but he is just another weekend singer which is so less paid and we could have several replacement for him. So we didn't...cared..."
He said.

I wasn't shocked with his words, but came out of the club with much satisfaction.

I clearly means Simon was true for her first part. But what about the next part. What if something had happened between them in Simon's house.
But I couldn't figured out what to do next. I mean I can't just go to Simon's neighbors and ask them whether they heard any noise or to be more precise 'that kind of a noise' from Simon's house that night.

My phone buzzed and I realised I took a lot sitting in the club thinking what to do next.
It was Simon's,
"Hey...where are you?" She asked.
"Umm...just in way"
I headed to the place where we decided to meet.
Simon was already waiting for me on a corner table.
She stood up looking up at me,
"Hey" I greeted.
"Hey, I thought you will stood me up" she muttered.
"Um...I thought of giving you a chance"
"Thanks...come," she gestured me to sit down. I sat adjacent to her.
"So...what do you wanna say?" I asked wondering how should I start.
"Well...I already said what I wanted to, I just wanna know that you are convinced or not"
I looked around.
"Ummm... I don't know either, maybe I am convinced that you are saying Truth, what is the guarantee that Ray loves me" I squeaked.
She gasped, but swallowed it.
"You used to believe him, when he said it earlier"

"Yea...you are right, used to believe... Then, I wasn't aware of the circumstances" I fired.

She rolled her eyes. Seriously... I should be the one doing this.
"How can I make you believe it?" She questioned after a pause.
I don't know the answer of this.
Honestly I realised that me wearing these Sherlock Homes's outfit, getting along with all my stuff like a detective will never make me understand someone's feelings. I can just find out while whether Simon was innocent or not at most.

"See, you doing anything can't make me believe that he love me...I ...I " I felt my words chock in my neck. Does I really need to know all this or should I move on without thinking about these people.
And if I try to find about Ray, what do I expect, him loving me or not.

"I think you should talk to him," Simon said waking me from my confused thoughts.

"Hmmm..." I murmured.

"I think you should join us at Saturday at his show,"

"No...actually...I ...think...I think I should meet him somewhere alone" I murmured unsure whether it will be safe or not.

***************************
Liking the story please do follow me on Instagram @aarzoo_2000 for further updates.