Chapter 1: The past

17th May, 2006:  

It was spring, and it was a lovely day in London. Flowers bloomed beautifully but none of the flowers could defeat the beauty of a young girl named Taylor Swift. Her hair was curly and blonde, her skin was fair and beautiful. She was tall, could have been a model. Her smile was warm and lovely, and she was probably the friendliest girl on earth.

There she was, standing in the crowd but she stood out the most. She was waiting for someone. She has been looking left and right, could not stand still. She was holding a camera, taking as many pictures she could: the buildings, trees, traffic and more, could be seen as a tourist. Meanwhile a young man has been watching her for a while, smiling like a fool just looking at her. He was definitely fell for her at first sight. The young man gathered his nerve and started walking towards her.    

“Hi miss, sorry for disturbing you, probably scaring you. But I can’t help noticing you, looking left and right non-stop. Are you waiting for someone? Cause it’s been a while already”, said the young man with his British accent.    

Taylor’s eyes widen, surprised with the brave guy. A little bit scared because parents always tell their children to not talk to a stranger.    

“Oh by the way, I’m Louis. Louis Tomlinson. Don’t be afraid or anything, just trying to help you”, the young man introduced, with his charming smile. He has brown hair, which were swept to the right. He wore a laidback clothes yet dashing.

“I’m Taylor…” she hesitated. “Taylor Swift, I’m just waiting for my driver. He said he’d be here in 5 minutes a while ago... but he hasn’t arrived till now”, she explained.    

Suddenly her phone beeped. She checked her phone and it was a message from her driver. “Car broke down, still waiting for the car to be towed. Sorry Tay. Can you wait?” the text said.    

“Oh no”, she exclaimed.

Louis then asked what was wrong. Taylor explained what happened and her smile faded away.    

“Don’t worry. I can take you where you want. If you’re still afraid of me, here is my ID. Just hold on to it first. I hope you can trust me. Where do you wanna go?” said Louis.    

Taylor laughed when Louis gave her his ID. “Thank you”, she said with a smile. “I was just gonna head to my hotel. Anyway, may I ask, why do you want to help me?” she continued.    

“I don’t really know. In fact this is the first I’ve done it. Maybe it’s because you seemed like a nice person. And that I want to know you. And that you’re beautiful”, Louis answered.    

Taylor was very surprised to hear his answer. She did not know what and how to answer him.    

“Do you wanna go to a park? There’s one nearby, and it’s beautiful. We can talk there and get to know each other but that’s if you want to”, Louis continued, insisting to know more about Taylor.    

Finally Taylor agreed and they both smiled. Taylor messaged her driver that she would go back to the hotel by herself. Louis brought her to Hyde Park, a park where there are trees, and people could be seen cycling and strolling. Upon reaching the park, they sat at a bench, facing to the river.    Taylor was fascinated with the scene. She has always loved the sun, the warmness and the trees. Louis just enjoyed watching her enjoying the sunlight and the scene.    

“So are you from around here?” asked Taylor. Louis came back to his senses when Taylor asked him.

“No, I’m from Doncaster actually. I’ve arrived here yesterday with my family to visit my aunt and uncle. It’s their daughter’s birthday last night. What about you American girl, where in America?" He said judging by the way she talked and the cowboy boots.