Chapter 5: The Start of Our Story

Harry’s POV

I stood beside the table. She seemed busy with her phone. She finally noticed me and I could see that she was surprised as soon as she saw my face. Very surprised. Words didn’t come from her mouth. So I greeted her.

“Hi Taylor! I’m Harry” I said with a smile. She still didn’t say anything. So I called her name again. She finally came back to reality and I can see she was nervous. She locked her phone in a hurry and finally talked.

“Hi, I’m sorry. I was surprised a bit” a bit? She was totally very surprised.

“Please sit down” she continued. So I sat down, facing her.

“You look lovely tonight” she really did, she was stunning. Okay, stop. Don’t fall for her Harry.

“Thanks. You’re not so bad yourself too” not so bad? Hell, I’m hot! Even so I thanked her for complimenting me back. The waiter finally came and took our orders. As soon as he left, silence filled the air. She’s nervous and I’m nervous. God, why is this place so hot! Wait, am I that nervous? I opened my green blazer and hanged it on my chair. She finally started a conversation, and her voice, was angelic.

“So you were the one who wanted to meet me?” she asked.

“Well yeah. Sorry I didn’t text you, I told my manager to text you up cause I was afraid you wouldn’t want to come. Are you okay with this? Meeting me?”

“Yeah. It’s okay by the way. So… Why do you want to meet me?” she asked. Before I could answer her, the waiter came to serve our food. Wow, the service here is good and fast. We both thanked the waiter for serving and Taylor sipped her drink.

“Umm… I like you Taylor. I really like you” I looked at her, but she was looking down. Probably shocked and didn’t know what to say.

“What? What do you mean you like me?” she asked, finally got the courage to look at me.

“I know you’ve had a history with Lou. But I just couldn’t help it. I’ve admired you since before I knew the history between you guys. You’re sweet and kind and lovely” I tried hard to convince her that I really like her. She was staring at the wall and I held her left hand. “Taylor, do you want to give me a chance? For us?”

She pulled her hand and I can see that she was uncomfortable with the situation.

“Harry… This is so sudden. I really don’t know what to say. I really didn’t expect this. I’m sorry but I’m not interested in any relationships now, moreover my past with Louis… It’s complicated. I’m fine being this way… I’m sorry.” she said with her shaky voice.

“No, it’s okay. I understand. This is too fast, right? Well, umm can we be friends? I would like to know you better, hang out with you. There’s nothing wrong with that right?” I didn’t give up.

She thought for a moment and then she looked at me, showing a smile. “I guess there’s nothing wrong with being friends. Sure, why not”

Finally, step one is done. Huh, just friends? Girl, soon you’ll be falling heads over heel for me, I promise you.

Taylor’s POV

God, what mess did I get into? Being friends with him? I know he’s the bad boy of the band but I can’t help it, he looked sincere. And he liked me? Seriously? I kept looking at him, he’s too charming. His perfect curly hair, his mesmerizing eyes that could just melt any girls’ hearts, his dimples and the way he dress, he should be a prince. He looks perfect, from head to toe. Wait, too much compliment. I don’t like him. Really?

 We were at the restaurant for almost two hours. We ate and shared stories about our tour. He told lots of jokes, he was so funny. After Harry paid for our meals, we went to the front. As we were about to get out of the restaurant, we could see there were paparazzi standing outside. Shoot!  Are they waiting for us? Harry could see my frightened face so he whispered to me that he would walk me to my car and not to worry about them. Yes, why should I be scared of them? Harry and I are just friends who were having dinner together. Everything would be okay right? Except the media are so good in spreading rumors and moreover, Harry is a famous playboy and me on the other hand, is well known for dating lots of guys. Oh well, whatever. I just want to go home. So Harry was in front of me, he made me feel safe. Once we got out of the place, paparazzi just ran to us both, just flashing here and there, taking photographs of us.

Harry! Harry! Is she your new girlfriend? Since when did you two are dating? Harry! Here Harry!

Taylor! Is Haz your new boyfriend? What about Lou? Taylor! Look here!

Paparazzi were just yelling our names out, asking us ridiculous questions. Harry and I just kept our mouth shut although I really want to explain to them so bad that Harry and I were just friends. As soon as we got to my car, I jumped into my car. Harry said goodbye to me and he went to his car. I drove out of the place, feeling relieved to get out of the crowd. I know I shouldn’t feel so relieve because tomorrow will be much more crazy. I’m sure tomorrow there will be gossips about Harry and I. Oh god.

Louis’ POV

I woke up to the phone call from Harry. It’s 9 in the morning and I was so sleepy. Why the heck did he call in early morning? I answered his call with a groan.

“What Harry? It’s 9 a.m.!!! And where are you? Why are you even calling me when we’re in the same hotel” I yelled at him. I could hear him laughing.

“Sorry man, I’m at the café. I just wanted to tell you about last night” said Harry. Last night? Oh yeah, he was supposed to meet Taylor last night. I finally sat down and felt eager to hear him.

“Oh yeah, did you meet her? So what happened?”

“She was okay. Just google us both okay” he chuckled. I ended the call and started searching them.

NO MORE LAYLOR, IT’S HAYLOR NOW!

Last night, Taylor Swift was seen having dinner with the One Direction hunk. Harry Styles, at the new restaurant at New York City. They were seen together going out from the place, looking like they had a nice time together. A source told us they spent almost two hours at the restaurant. Before this, Taylor also dated one of One Direction member, Louis Tomlinson. Isn’t that weird? Clearly, they don’t mind at all. Will Taylor, who is always in a short relationship, and Harry, a well-known playboy, be together for a long time? Are they the new Hollywood couple? Couple or not, they sure look amazing together.

Wow… He really did it. Harry really did it.