Chapter 14

(A/N: Italicized words and sentences are either emphasis, thoughts of Kyle or one of the other character, or words spoken in another language, usually French in this book. Italicized words are words in this font)

Kyle's Costume☝🏾 👇🏾

Chapter 14: Halloween Shenanigans

After they got Oakley's, Neal's, and Cole's costumes from Value Village, the five teenage boys had to go to Walmart to get costumes for Oscar and Kyle. Kyle had been having a lot of trouble deciding what he was going to wear and had wondered if he would find anything good. But, when he had seen the full Drift costume, he had been immediately sold and had bought it almost immediately.

The outfit consisted of light black sweat pants with large pockets, a white shirt, a black jacket with red strips running down the long sleeves and a turtle neck, a puffy red vest with a hood, grey and gold sneakers with tall high tops, black glov...

The outfit consisted of light black sweat pants with large pockets, a white shirt, a black jacket with red strips running down the long sleeves and a turtle neck, a puffy red vest with a hood, grey and gold sneakers with tall high tops, black gloves with gold pockets on the back of the palms, a black mask that covered the mouth, and a large black and gold jacket with pick accents and a large hood.Walmart had sold the signature Drift wolf mask but when Kyle had reached for it, Cole had said,

"The wolf mask is cute but you look really great with just the black mask." Cole commented innocently. Kyle had froze and turned to Cole with a blank expression. Cole just looked at Kyle with wide eyes and said. "Do you think I'll be able to see your face on Halloween or are you going to wear the mask?" Kyle had retracted his hand as if he had been burnt and then preceded to run to the check out.

Oscar had gone much more classic by choosing to be the joker. He chose to be the joker from Suicide Squad and the costume that he bought had everything that he needed except for the tattoos and the green hair. Oscar had to get his younger sister to help him paint the tattoos onto his stomach and he had used spray on hair paint to make his deep Latino hair green after he slicked it back with hair gel. The finished product had been fantastic and the other three guys had seemed slightly jealous of the creative costumes that Oscar and Kyle had gotten from Walmart; Oscar and Kyle bragged for half an hour after they had bought them.

~~~~~~~

It was hours before the party on Halloween night and all five boys were getting ready. To most, that meant getting on their costumes and finishing their makeup, but to Kyle, that meant eating dinner so that he wouldn't get hungry and touch any of the food that was given at random teenage parties. Once, Neal had made the mistake of trusting the food given and have eaten some chips and salsa, after acting concerningly crazy for three hours before throwing up, Neal learned his lesson and Kyle got the benefits without having to go through the experience himself.

Kyle was sure that Neal was probably eating dinner as well.

Kyle had finished eating and had finished washing his plate when we went to walk back upstairs to get changed. But, Kyle was stopped as he was walking through the dining room by his parents. His mother was still eating but his dad was sitting at the dinner table with an empty plate in front of him and Kyle realized exactly why they had stopped him.