11. Our babygirl, Our princess

Hey beautiful readers! I hope you enjoy this chapter, I had such a good time writing it!

----------------------

Danny's POV

----------------------

I sit on the chair next to the bed, holding her cold hand and rubbing over some bruises on her  arms. I look over and see Jay sleeping, his head resting on the bed with his fingers intertwined with hers. The doctor comes in and I watch him walk over to us.

"Danny I presume, I'm Doctor Griffon Washington. Although we were able to revive her in the ambulance, she is still in critical condition. Her body suffered great damage in those weeks. She went without food and water, and her body is struggling to provide for the three of them. It's a miracle that your children survived despite the harsh conditions." 

My mouth is open slightly in shock, gripping her hand a little tighter.

"I'm sorry doctor...Three of them? She's pregnant?"

He gives me a firm nod with a small smile.

"You didn't know? She's 4 weeks. it's too early to see anything  really, but there 2 masses when we did an X-Ray to check for broken ribs."

I sigh quietly, looking over at her body, ,seeing the steady rise and fall of her chest, and the doctor starts to speak once again.

"Unfortunately her body was far to weak to handle the healing of her body. She is in a coma and there is no way to know when she's going to wake up. We estimate that she'll be awake in 6 to 7 months but like I said, there's no definite way to be sure. I'm sorry Mr. Lawrence, but all we can do now is wait."

I nod, looking down at her cold, lifeless body. The only sound filling the room is the beeping of her heart rate on the machine, and Jay's soft snores as he sleeps.

"Thank you doctor, we both appreciate everything you're doing for her."

"It's no problem Mr. Lawrence. Have a nice day Danny."

He turns and leaves, closing the door softly behind him. I stand up, looking over her body. I hold onto her hand tighter, squeezing it and I brush some hair out her face, seeing her beautiful face. 

Her cute button nose, her long eyelashes, her almond shaped eyes, their usual color not being seen. She looks as if she was encased in glass, a modern day princess. My hand releases her and rests over her stomach, feeling it move slightly as she breathes. 

"Danny, what are you doing?" Jay says, startling Danny, but I feel too numb to move to jump in fright.

"She's pregnant Jay... Our children are in here" I don't look up, my eyes focused completely on her stomach, tears starting to fall out my eyes.

--------------------------------

Third Person POV

--------------------------------

"She's pregnant Jay! She's having fucking twins and who knows if she'll wake up to see them?" His voice starts out strong, booming with anger, but as he talks his resolve weakens and his strength leaves him and he crumbles, the tears streaming out his face like a river.

Jay is shocked, his hand squeezing hers as Danny sits back in his seat, leaning forward as he buries his face in his hands, trying to control his tears.

"She's pregnant? With twins?... Oh my god she's having our children...She's having our children!" His voice is excited, but that excited energy turns to sorrow as Danny's words set in. He realizes that she may not wake up to see an ultrasound, or give birth. They both realize that she may never wake up, and she may be a beautiful vegetable for the rest of her life.

They both wonder how this happened. She was so young, she had her whole life ahead of her. It was foolish to believe that they could have everything they'd dreamt of. It was foolish because you wake up from even the most beautiful dreams.

The steady beeping of her heart rate machine was the only sound to be heard. The twins didn't know this, but she was screaming inside her head, praying for her body to move, to let the loves of her life know that she was alright and that everything was going to be okay.

Alas, she was not alright. Everything was not okay. None of them knew, but the downfall of their love was only the beginning of a horrifying future.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Alright guys I realized I posted on Monday and not Sunday, so this time I posted Thursday and not Wednesday.

So, what do you guys think of the chapter? 

Are you enjoying the book?

What do you think is going to happen?

I love to hear from you guys so don't forget to leave a comment or vote. If you like this book then feel free to follow me!

All the love, Your author, 

Amaya