12. Days, then weeks, then months. Oh My

Thanks so much for reading Guys. It makes me unbelievably ecstatic when I see that someone added my book to a collection, or voted, or followed me. It brings a massive smile to my face and I want to do more for you guys. Enjoy!

----------------------------

Third Person POV

-----------------------------

It's been 7 months since Luna was admitted into the hospital. The doctor's were constantly reassuring the twins that she was making excellent progress and that the babies were fine, but they never took them to heart.

They were both completely and utterly sick, not knowing when she was going to wake up, or if she was ever going to wake up. She was a month away from her due date and Danny and Jay had been prepared a long time ago. They turned Luna's old room into a nursery, the room stocked with more than enough for two infants. 

Since Luna would have begun sharing with Danny and Jay, a nursery was a perfect renovation. The twins were ecstatic to become fathers, but they both knew it wouldn't be the same without their princess.

-----------------------------

Jay's POV

-----------------------------

If anyone asked me what day it was, I wouldn't be able to tell you. The days have been blurring together for months, and I don't think I'll be able to separate days anytime soon. Wake up, go to work, drive to the hospital, wait, fall asleep, do it again. A never ending cycle that I pray ends quickly.

Danny is sitting next to me when it happens. He's doing paperwork and I'm gazing out the window, too lost in my thoughts to notice the sharp inhale that comes from Luna.

Moments later there's a beep that comes from the heart rate machine. Her heart rate increased, but not alarmingly so. She remains still on the hospital bed, her stomach prominent, as well as the changes to her body.

There's a soft exhale as I glance up at the clock on the wall. The time reads 11:27 PM and I know I should try to get some sleep, but my body is telling me to stay awake. There's another increase in heart rate, and for a second I have hope. Her heartbeat levels out and I sink back into the chair.

It all happened so suddenly. One minute everything was quiet, and the next, all hell was breaking loose. Her heart-rate machine was going haywire, the machine that was regulating her oxygen was beeping loudly, and within minutes the room was filled with familiar doctors and nurses. 

"I'm sorry, but the two of you are going to have to leave the room while we work out this situation."

I had no time to process what was happening, or even what the doctor had said, before we were ushered out the room. Thankfully there were several chairs across the hall from Luna's door.

That annoying ass clock in the hallway was ticking as every second passed. I lost count after thirty minutes of being in that fucking hallway. My leg constantly bouncing in anxiety, and Danny is sitting next to me, shaking with anger.

It feels like an eternity before the nurses slowly leave the room, emotionless expressions scattered across their faces. Soon after, the doctor emerges. He looks calm. Too calm for my liking. That seems to push Danny over the edge as he shoots up, his hands balling into tight fists at his sides.

"What the fuck happened in there, and what the fuck did you do about it? I swear to whatever fucking god you believe in, I will hunt you down if my baby-"

He gets cut off by the sound of soft sobs coming from inside the hospital room.

"She's awake, but you need to be-"

That's all either of us need to hear before we push past the doctor and bolt into the room. I mentally thank god as I look at my beauty. Her skin looks a little pale, but not as sickly as before. Her small frame is leaning against the headboard, and her body is shaking ever so slightly as her sobs fill the room. Neither of us notice as the doctor steps into the room.

"You have to tread lightly, boys... all of the emotions from her pregnancy are hitting her all at once, so you need to be careful about what you say around her."

The doctor leaves and it's just the three of us. I take small steps towards the bed and sit on the edge. I keep my voice soft and lean a little closer.

"Princess?"

Her head shoots up and I see those eyes that I love so much. They're filled to the brim with tears and I open my arms. She crawls into my lap and cries into my shoulder. I rub her back in small, soothing circles to try and slow her tears. I can only get bits and pieces of what she's trying to say.

"Jay...Danny...Love you...Heard...things...Pregnant"

Danny moves to the other side of the bed and when she notices, Luna crawls out my lap and moves over to him. Her body isn't shaking so much as it was before, and although I'm happy my baby is back, I know we have a long journey ahead of us.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Guess who's back?!

Me!

You all don't know how sorry I am that I've been gone for so long. Even if I don't have the time to update, I will upload a short chapter like I promised.

On a much lighter note, we hit 500 reads!! I absolutely love writing, and to have so many people follow what I do is just...Fantastic! Amazing! Indescribable.

As always, if you like what you read don't forget to leave Votes and Comments.

Stay frosty my friends, 

Amaya