#3

Scrooge. A term we use to describe someone completely heartless and against christmas. Its so simple. But what if the words actually hurt someone?

Her ocean eyes scan the scenery, mostly focused in front of her. She tugs on the strands of ashy brown that make up her hair, in an attempt to drown out their voices.

She should be used to it by now. People call her anything they want because they think the names have no effect on the girl. Shes so closed off from them anyway and words have never hurt anyone. Right?

The brunette continues her way down the street towards a small scale house on the outskirts. Insult after insult is thrown at her, ranging from 'heartless' to 'robot" and even to 'monster', but the girl seemed to take no notice. She tugs on the collar of her warm jumper in an attempt to adjust the position.

When the house is infront of her face, the brunette throws the door open, running inside before the salty tears can make an appearance on her face. She sits, meters away from the sofa, as sobs escape her dry mouth.

If anyone knew how they made her feel they would stop. But the woman thinks she knows better than to show her emotions, after all every weakness is picked up upon eventually.

If only they knew.

An unexpected pair of arms wrap the girl in a warm and comforting hug as violet hair tickles her nose.

"Shhh. It will be okay. They cant get you here." The soothing voice of the other person whispers.