#6

A smile plays on her emerald lips as the ruby curtains close. She stands unmoving until she is finally out of view of the audience, before turning and getting ready to go.

"Evanora. Great performance. That one line did you well." A familiar voice says, semingly mockingly. It was her. It was the girl who had everything fall at her feet. It had been this way since their school years and it has always gotten on Evanora's nerves.

"Why, thank you. You did great too." Evanora replies. A smile was still on her lips, she had learnt a long time ago that it was better to smile and agree with others than to disagree and risk the pain that will surely follow.

"I know i was." The other states, oh how much evanora wanted to yell at her. "Maybe next year, if you look better." The girl continues.

"Yeah, maybe." Evan says through the fake smile on her face.

The girl left, leaving Evanora to change and head home.

~~

Evanora arrives in the house and her positive façade fades, replaced by her true emotions, as she flops onto the sofa. Her brown hair falls, slightly covering the saddened expression that had taken over her face.

"That bad, huh?" Gwen asks her wife.

"I dont know why i even try." Evanora says honestly.

"Because it has been your dream to perform for as long as ive known you?" Gwen replies. She moves to sit next to her wife, leaning on her shoulder. "Look, you are perfect, those people are just blinded by HER reputation and its their loss. And im not just saying that because i love you." She whispers, unknown to the fact that the green-skinned witch had fallen asleep whist leaning on you.

"Night Ev." Gwen mutters before slipping into a dreamless sleep herself.