Chapter Fourteen- Decision

I finally got back to my dorm from stopping Yonaga from protesting a church for not worshipping Atua. Seriously....she really is stubborn sometimes.

I still hadn't forgotten Ouma's confession...it was....strange. I never looked at a boy like how I see Kaede yet I felt something around him. Something I couldn't really explain.

But no matter what it would be horrible of me just to dump Kaede on the spot for nothing when we are perfectly happy as we are right now, not to mention our relationship is great.

Still...why did hearing him confess make me feel so happy...?

I shook the thought from my head and sat down to work on some homework.

-/-/-

"Hey Shuichi! Can I come in?" I heard Kaede from the other side of the door as I opened it letting her in "sure what did you want to talk about?"

"You and Ouma....Shuichi it's pretty obvious and it really didn't take long to realize what I interrupted" I blushed embarassed "I didn't cheat on you if that's what you think-"

"I was wondering why you turned him down" WHAT? Why would she even ask that! We are dating! A couple!

"Because were dating and it wouldn't have been right to cheat on you with Ouma" Kaede sighed, "Shuichi I can tell you like him, and to be honest I find it like your not letting yourself be with him because we're dating but Shuichi if you want to be with him go for it"

Wow...Kaede..."why? Why are you telling me this? I thought you were happy" Kaede nodded and I noticed some tears streaming down her face.

"Yeah I was, but I've noticed over the months before you met Ouma that our relationship has degraded, and it never was that clear to begin with to the point I bet most of the class doesn't even know about us"

It's true...we only ever really kissed a few times...and even then most of the time it was forced...and I think our last date was a month ago...much less time we spent alone.

"Still...you sure you want this? I don't want to hurt you" Kaede sighed "I already knew this was going to happen the minute you saw Ouma for the first time....and I'm ready...besides I'm sure Ouma will be happy to" I nodded a mixture of both happiness at being with Ouma and sadness for me and Kaede's relationship ending overwhelming me.

"So we're still going to be friends?" Kaede nodded "yeah I don't see much changing other than the occasional kiss we used to have so it should be fine...so yeah get your butt over to him detective"

I nodded getting up to leave my room "thanks Kaede" she nodded and I set off back towards the hospital.

I barely made it a block before my phone started ringing and I picked it up, it was from *bleep* "hello-?"

"HELP ME SHUICHI! OUMA'S TRYING TO KILL ME! HELP ME!"