Chapter Nineteen- Idiot.

Ouma....I looked back on the door as I dragged Tsumugi to a nearby building as I asked someone on the counter to call the police. I still can't believe this......I trusted him.....I loved him....and in return he tried to kill them....he did still....I never should have said those things to him...what was I thinking? He's still recovering from his friends dying.....I sighed as I looked over to Tsumugi.

"Are you ok?" I asked and she nodded "y-yeah I think so.....I....I just can't believe it still...." I nodded "yeah were really lucky that window was broken...." wait a second.....why was that window broken?

And actually how did OUMA the person recovering from a near death experience KILL the ultimate assassin? Something doesn't match up here....

And that phone call...why did she all of a sudden hang up.....and Maki's wound though I barely got to inspect clearly was shot from the side of her head making it nearly impossible for Ouma to have been the one the kill her....unless....

Ouma was telling the truth.
And I just accused him of lying after kicking him to the floor.
I am an idiot.
I am a mother f*cking idiot.

And wait a second why was there so little background noise in the call? I couldn't even make out who's voice belonged to who there!  Was Ouma framed....and I was stupid enough to fall for it?

"Hey Tsumugi" Tsumugi turned her head towards me, "yeah? Anything you need Shuichi?" I took a deep breath and started recording our conversation on my phone.

"Why did you go there in the first place?" Tsumugi shifted nervously "oh well he called me and asked if I could go over there...yeah" ok well she's obviously lying wow I didn't even need to be like Ouma to call that one out.

"Can I see your phone then?" I asked and she shook her head "no thanks, I am a very private person" I nodded, I would take a look at it later. I turned to her direction "so....can you tell me what happened?" Tsumugi still looked nervous, "yeah I guess"

"So I got a call like I said from Ouma and I didn't think anything weird of it so I showed up to the warehouse where Maki was already there when Ouma all of a sudden brings out a gun to my surprise and shoots Maki down, I panicking ran away in the sight to hide and I called you to come and rescue us not knowing Maki was already dead and continued to try and escape till Ouma caught me and dragged me near the couch when he shot me in the leg! Luckily you came and saved the day"

Some stuff still doesn't make sense....like him chasing her around and fighting them in a cast...and winning.

I nodded anyway and continued to inquire her, "so what about the door? Why didn't you just use that?" I asked and she paled "o-oh that was locked from the outside I think- I couldn't open it" there we go! I shook my head "no that's wrong, I tried to open the door so it was clearly locked from the inside meaning your story doesn't line  up" Tsumugi looked at me.

"Heh what do you mean? I told you exactly what happened Shuichi I have no idea what you could be talking about right now" I shook my head "if so then how do you explain the audio in the background of our phone call, according to you that was when you were hiding so it makes no sense to hear people arguing" Tsumugi was beginning to sweat.

"Oh maybe it was people nearby?" She asked and I shook my head, "no if there were people nearby they would have investigated the gunshot that killed Maki meaning there was no way it could have been just you and Ouma, Maki was still alive during that call, wasn't she?"

Tsumugi laughed "I can't believe yoy would say something so stupid Saihara, and even then what difference does it make when she died? She was still killed by Ouma no changing that fact"

"No that's wrong!" I shouted my ahoge seeming to make me do that by pure instinct, "I actually have proof Ouma couldn't have killed her if you would care to listen" Tsumugi shifted in her seat.

"This is the truth of the case, Ouma had invited over Harukawa to come and discuss something clearly upsetting to the two duo, and for whatever motive you decided to turn that event against Ouma by framing him for murder

"You first chose a location nearby and prepared a location to where you would stake out till you got the perfect time to strike, then in order to avoid any suspicion you called me and reported that Ouma had gone crazy not realizing the audio of Maki and Ouma's fight transmitted through to me

"Now having a secured alibi you shot and killed Maki from the side of the head, a shot that could have only be done by someone she hadn't detected, someone who wasn't in the room at that time but this lead to the shattering of the window

"You then entered like I had from the broken window and confronted Ouma leading to what I would guess a fight to give him the look of a killer and once you heard me coming you made your final move in attempt to secure your innocence, you shot yourself in the leg and gave the gun to Ouma who I remembered was confused at something when I confronted you two

"Yes, it could have only been you, Tsumugi Shirogane the ultimate cosplayer"

Tsumugi stared at me "you sounded ridiculous the whole time." I shook that statement out of my head "that and also your hands have gunpowder on them and I see a pieces of glass in between the soles of your shoes"

Tsumugi cursed, "oh well not that it matters anyway...the way I had it planned out I know what should have happened so even if I end up in jail I will be satisfied"

What is she talking about? "Oh well not like he wouldn't have done it eventually, he was awfully lonely" my eyes widened. No she couldn't mean THAT.

She grinned "why don't you go check up on him for me Shuichi?" I obeyed unconsciously running out of the building to the warehouse.

"OUMA! I'm sorry I shouldn't have-" my breath stopped. No...no way.....this couldn't be real.......

Kokichi Ouma was hanging by the roof.