Ch 4

Lance sat down where Hunk was eating his roast beef sandwich.

"Do I have a chance with Allura?"

"Oh the girl that moved here from England, I don't know, why don't you ask for yourself? Prom is coming up. Maybe ask her to go with you."

"I'll go do that." Lance started over to where Allura was laughing with friends.

Pidge was eating her PB&J sandwich when Keith sat down.

"Any more for me?"

"Always!"she handed him a sandwich.

"Thanks," Keith said as Pidge took a swig of her milk,"So what about Lance?"

Pidge's milk shot straight out of her nose. As she was cleaning it up she yelled, "Why are we talking about Lance?"

Lance stopped when he heard his name. He was about to walk up to the table when he heard a rather striking sentence come from Keith's mouth.

"Because you like him." It was like his world stopped. Why would Pidge like him? Why not some other guy? He felt kinda mad at himself, but he didn't know why.

Lance shrugged it off and went to Allura's table.

"Hey, Allura!" Lance called, as nervous as ever.

"Oh Hey Lance (lonce)."

Lance was about to ask Allura to prom but for some reason he couldn't stop thinking about Pidge.

"Yes, Lance?"

"Oh, um.. ar-are you going to prom with anyone?"

"Um.. not that I know of.. why?"

"Will you go with me?"

"Yeah I don't see why not!" Allura smiled and hugged Lance. The entire lunchroom applauded.

Pidge looked at the source of the clapping. There Lance was hugging Allura. Someone yelled they were going to prom together.

Pidge felt overwhelmed. She was absolutely jealous of Allura. She couldn't fight it, so she ran out of the lunchroom crying.

"Pidge!" Keith yelled after her. As he was running after her Hunk stopped him.

"What's wrong with Pidge?" Keith shrugged and continued after her.

Pidge was outside in the courtyard. She sat down at the fountain and cried. She tried to stop but she couldn't seem to do it. Keith caught up to her and gave her a hug. After about a minute, Pidge stopped crying and Keith pulled away.

"Do you want me to kill him for you cause I will" Keith would definitely have done it.

Pidge laughed, wiping the tears from her eyes. "No you don't have to do that. I just don't know what I was thinking. Thinking that I actually had a chance with him. Of course he likes Allura. He's popular and she is too maybe it's meant to be."

"Quit being dramatic, Pidge!"

"I'm sorry, Keith maybe I am just being dramatic. I'm going back to class. Bye Keith."

Keith was definitely going to kill Lance.