Ch 9

Keith and Pidge walked through the doors. It was apparent that this year's theme was space. There were stars hanging from the ceiling and purple, black, and blue steamers strung from wall to wall.

Pidge walked around with Keith for a bit, dancing on the dance floor, catching up with friends, and eating all the food at the snack table.

"Hey, Pidge!"Hunk came over to the snack table where she had a mouth full of pretzels.

"Hey!"Pidge said as she covered her mouth. After a couple seconds went by of waiting for Pidge to swallow her pretzels, Hunk asked if she's seen Lance.

"No," Pidge sighed." I'm sorry, I haven't seen him."

"Oh, Its fine, Katie. See you later!" Hunk replied as he grabbed a handful of mini marshmellos from the bowl and left.

Pidge went to the dance floor and danced her little heart out. Lance saw this and laughed. He felt something, his heartbeat felt abnormal and his face felt warm, but he shrugged it off like usual and left to find Allura.

"There you are!" Lance saw Allura but also saw the face she was giving him."What's wrong, Allura?"

"I've been meaning to tell you something." Lance was worried, and he had every right to be." I don't want to lead you on because I only said yes to going to prom with you as friends."

"Oh, uh yeah, of course."

That word never hurt more in his life. The way 'friends' just slapped him across the face.

He had to get away. He walked towards the door but someone stopped him.

"Lance, what's wrong?" It was Pidge.

Lance turned to face Pidge. She saw the tears in his eyes. Pidge didn't  even need to ask. All she did was hold Lance in her arms and that's exactly what he needed.

The feeling came back. The abnormal heartbeat and the warm face. After a couple minutes, a slow song came on and they broke apart from each other.

"Thank you, Pidge. I needed that." They both were a blushing mess but neither noticed."May I have this dance?"

Pidge nodded and they went to the dance floor. It felt like a million years went by and they enjoyed every second.