Ch 5

"YOU!" Keith yelled at Lance while walking toward him after school." You're an idiot, you know that!"

"What, Keith, mad that I beat you in basketball!"

"No, Lance. It's that you asked Allura to prom."

"So?"Lance was thinking Keith was going to steal Allura from him.

"Did you not see Pidge run out, crying?! You lead her on and broke her heart!"

Lance didn't know what to say, "I-I'm  sorry, I didn't know."he went silent.

Keith was already mad, " Well I'm certainly not the one to apologize to!"

         __________________________
Pidge layed down her bed. She felt like crying but she already had to much embarrassment today. She even considered not going to school but she loved going to school.

"Hey, Pidge. What's up?"Matt came in without knocking as usual.

"Oh nothing," Pidge sighed."Just that I witnessed my crush ask someone else to prom and I ran out of the lunchroom, crying."

Matt was shocked,"Oof, well," he paused and sat down next to the grumpy pidgeon," Who is this guy I'll hit him till you feel better."

"No, Matt you don't need to hit Lance."Pidge smiled.

"Oh so Lance, huh? Where is he?"

"He's a friend at school and I was dumb to think I could even have a chance with him."

"Well, why do you think its dumb? Its  perfectly normal to like someone no matter what the reason."

"Thanks Matt, for trying to cheer me up."

Matt figured that was his cue to leave,"Anytime, Pidge!" He shut her door and Pidge went back to being a grumpy pidgeon.

       ____________________________
Pidge walked to school just like every other day. Keith caught up with her.

"You feeling better?"he asked.

"I guess so" she sighed." I'll just I have to move on."

Keith wasn't about to let her mope around for the rest of her life."Maybe you don't have to."

"What do you mean? He obviously likes Allura."

"What if he is just infatuated by her and he only likes the idea of him being with her?"

"So what am I supposed to do?

"You wait. Ok, Pidge? You wait. Understand?"

"Fine I guess." She didn't know where Keith was going with this.

Pidge went to her locker to put her stuff away. She put everything she didn't need in it and shut the door.

"Hey!" It was Lance. Pidge nearly jumped out of shoes.

"AAHHH-LANCE! I HAte you!"she punched his shoulder .

Lance giggled."Shh- Oww that hurt!" he rubbed his shoulder.

"Sorry," Pidge blushed.

"Anyways, I heard that you ran out of the lunchroom yesterday. Was that by any chance because of me?"

"N-No I was just... n-not feeling well, so I went outside to get fresh air." Pidge hesitated.

Lance rubbed his neck,"Well if it was because of me, I'm sorry."

Lance left before Pidge could get a word in. He still wasn't sure why Pidge liked him, but he wasn't about to ask her.