Ch 8

Today was the day. It was Saturday, the day of prom, and Pidge had her dress hanging on the closet door. It was a long, flowing green dress. Pidge felt the dress and questioned whether she was even going to go because it would be hard to see Lance with Allura.

But she didn't want to disappoint Keith, who she promised to that she was going to go.

She opened the door to the bathroom and started getting ready. Pidge looked at herself in the mirror. She really couldn't do anything with her hair because it was too short, so she started applying makeup to her face.

When Pidge came out of the bathroom she found her mother sitting on her bed looking like she was about to cry."Its my baby's first prom!

"Mom."Pidge blushed."Get out so I can finish getting ready!"

Colleen shuffled out of the room,"Ok, ok. I Love you, Katie!"

"Love you too, Mom." Pidge yelled as she shut the door. She took her dress off the hanger and put it on.

She opened the door and went down the stairs. Her mom, dad, Matt and Keith were waiting in the living room.

Sam and Colleen were crying but not as much as Matt was.

Keith smiled at her."Took you long enough."

Pidge laughed,"Shut up Keith."

Pidge shot a confused glance at Matt,"Why are you sobbing so hard?"

Matt wiped the snot off of his face,"Its just that my little sister is all grown up. It feels like tomorrow I'm gonna see her in a wedding dress!"

Pidge punched him in the shoulder,"Yeah, right!"

After they took pictures and had dinner, Colleen dropped Keith and Pidge off at the door," Have fun, kids!"

"We will, Mrs. Holt." Keith waved as Colleen drove away. Pidge was too embarrassed to reply.