vii

22 december 2014

9:23 PM

seungcheol: head to sleep

seungcheol: we'll have a long day tomorrow

jinae: i'm nervous

jinae: i dont think i'd be able to sleep properly

seungcheol: tell hana to sing you a lullaby

jinae: she's already sleeping

jinae: i dont want to wake her up

seungcheol: what do you want me to do?

jinae: nothing

jinae: just talk to me

jinae: make me feel sleepy

seungcheol: open your window

jinae: what? no

jinae: too scary

jinae: what if there are monsters outside?

seungcheol: monsters? from what? stories we heard this morning?

jinae: no. not just them

jinae: still, i dont like

jinae: see? i even heard knock on the glass door!

seungcheol: it's me. you idiot

jinae: you???

jinae: oh sht you look scary

jinae: is it really you?

seungcheol: come on! it's cold

jinae: i dont like

jinae: what if it's a ghost or monster who just copies you?

seungcheol: what a good-looking monster i am

jinae: i know

jinae: so stop boasting

seungcheol: did you just admit i look good|

jinae opened the door carefully and let seungcheol in to her room.

"what are you doing here choi seungcheol?" jinae asked.

"you told me you cant sleep."

"and you think i'll fall asleep when you're here?"

"i'll help you."

"you didnt have to."

"then i'll just wake hana up and tell her to put you to sleep." jinae stopped seungcheol. "go to your bed."

"why?"

"let's go to sleep. i'll stay awake until you fall asleep."

"that's not necessary. seungcheol—"

"i think you're just scared so i'll stay here with you until you fall asleep."

jinae scratched her nape. she knew seungcheol's not going to listen to her.

seungcheol sighed while watching the girl who was only staring at her bed. she don't have plans on following his words.

"let's go." he said as he grabbed her hand. he dragged her to her bed and made her lay herself down on the bed. "just listen because it's really getting late."

"i told you i'll be fine."

"you'll be fine and some zombie might be with us tomorrow. is that so?" jinae pouted before covering herself with her blanket.

she stayed quiet for a while and felt nobody's around anymore. she quickly removed the blanket and found seungcheol standing at the glass door.

"hey! what are you doing?"

"heading back. you didn't need me, right?"

jinae bit her lip before getting up and followed him. before seungcheol could close the door, she stopped her and held his hand.

she dragged him back inside her room and closed the door. "you offered to stay so do it."

she let him sit on a chair beside her bed as she went under the blanket again.

she removed the pillow under her head and hugged it.

"use a pillow on your head." seungcheol said but jinae did not listen.

"move." seungcheol suddenly spoke. jinae just followed him and moved a bit.

jinae felt her bed moving and so she turned around only to find out that seungcheol was already next to her.

he held her head gently and lifted it up. he let her use his arm as her pillow and pushed himself a bit closer to her.

"i wont do anything silly. dont worry. just— just go to sleep, jinae."

jinae looked around her room first before hugging the pillow tight with her eyes shut. but she suddenly lifted her blanket up. "share it with me. i don't want you to feel so cold or catch a cold."

"it's too small for the two of us."

"it's not!" jinae insisted as she slowly moved a bit closer to him.

"satisfied?" she asked and seungcheol chuckled. "just go to sleep, you silly." he said and used his hands to make her close her eyes.

"good night lee jinae."

"good night choi seungcheol."