xiii

17 january 2015

"what?"

"what movie do you want to watch?" seungcheol asked.

jinae threw a popcorn at him making him laugh. "yah! stop messing around. just tell me which movie you want to see?"

"i'm not here for movies, seungcheol."

"it's better to watch while we talk." he said while still looking through the bunch of movies they have.

"but i'll get distracted."

seungcheol piled up the dvd's. he went to the sofa and sat beside jinae. looking straight to her eyes. "what was it you wanted to talk about?"

jinae crossed her legs on the sofa to sit comfortably. she faced him and asked, "why are you doing this?"

"oh, you wanted to mention them all one by one?" jinae nodded. "then, you have my whole day. i'll listen."

"you... why do you always fetch me at home or at school? then you drive me to the practice room? or drive me home?" she started.

"i know you can't travel alone so i always offer you a ride."

"okay? then you always talk to me even if it's already late? you ask me if i had my dinner. if i had my breakfast. if i'm done with school works. you asked me once to eat outside. you're always helping me help. you spoil me."

seungcheol pressed his lips into a thin line.

"should i tell her?" he thought.

"this is better because i can't stop thinking about it. i don't want to assume things but i still hope, he likes me too."

"you're my friend. it's not a big deal for me to do things for you. maybe you're just special or i do see you need more help than others do."

with her lips forming an "O", she nodded. "and to whom was that i love you for? you sent it to me instead of that person?"

"ah. that was for my mom. she was in another room and i told her good night."

faking a smile she said, "that's great then. at least things are cleared."

but she was really great at this. what people always see is she's happy. she's jolly. no one really knew what she was thinking — as if they cared.

"you thought?"

jinae was quick to shake her head and deny, "no. how would you like a person like me."

"what? hey, don't put yourself down. you're nice. someone will surely fall for you. i dont want people having wrong ideas about us. and what would that guy you like think if she sees us do these things?"

"what? nobody ever did. never did i hear anybody having a crush at least on me." jinae just as she shook her head. "anyway, let's just now watch a movie." and smiled.

"horror, fantasy, or some romantic movie?" seungcheol asked.

"sorry. i can't tell you yet."