Chapter 6

Clear headed coffee

You get those days where, so many thoughts and memories are running through your brain, clustered and overwhelming. You can't even begin to comprehend the simplest of thoughts as it gets thrown into the hurricane,making the chaos bigger and bigger.

And when you begin to ponder, to contemplate maybe where to begin to attempt to even break it down, you waste hours on end thinking about nothing yet thinking about nothing is something.

Something is nothing.

Enough with the bullshit philosophy.

I was having one of those days. An existentialist day if you must.

"You're awfully quiet today?" My dad raises his eyebrow as he looked at me over his morning newspaper. I woke up with thoughts racing and I couldn't control it, I hated not having control over myself. It felt as if for a moment , I was stepped out of my body watching myself and I had no say in anything , I could only be a by stander.

"Just a lot on my mind" I mutter almost inaudible and he returns to reading his newspaper.

Saturday morning , 9:00am. Father had a meeting , mother was leaving for tennis with the rest of her friends and Edmund would , most likely attempt to break up with Lila... again.

"Juliet, love" my mother says and I look up at her as our matching emerald eyes meet. I raise my eyebrow waiting for her to continue "what are your plans for today?" She smiles and I shrug

"I'll probably have a day in" I say not really in the mood to talk to anyone "nothing of great significance"

"Why don't you go get that new Louis Vuitton travel bag you wanted, the laptop hand bag one" my father urges as he begins to close his newspaper. It's the first time I've seen his face all morning. He's dark chocolate eyes meet mine as he smiles encouragingly. "I'll put some extra money in your account - maybe even get Oliver the Ralph Lauren shirt you liked when we went shopping earlier this week. That'll cheer you up" he says and I simply nod not really sure how to respond.

"Thanks Father" I say gently trying to force a small smile of gratitude. Breakfast went by slowly but eventually I was able to relax again.

That was the issue, relaxing meant I had time to ponder. That was the last thing I wanted to do. Thus, in a hasty manner I quickly got changed into my black jeans and my dads Ralph Laurent collared blue and white jersey and went off on a quick coffee run.

And as I walked down the English streets , I found my mind occupied by the idea of Oliver and I. The idea that is so deeply embedded in my head , that no alternate or counter idea could even suggest the remotest of things.

"Can we please have 2 regular cappuccinos" the accent rang through my ears forcing me to look up to see who's stood in front of me. As the barista ask for the money , I notice the girl with her blonde hair ties up in a high ponytail as she looked around the coffee shop aimlessly. It was Hunters sister. I had gotten use to seeing her around , she seemed to be getting on with it all more or less, hasn't drawn herself as much attention as her brother.

"Annie do you have my wallet?" Hunter ask as he pats himself down in search for it. She shakes her head as she double checks all her pockets "Shit I forgot it on the counter at home" he mutters

"It's fine , I've got it" I intervene as I open up my Victoria Secret soft pink wallet handing her my card " just add a cafe latte please"

"Name she ask?" Asks