Prologue

Zayn walks home from school, he has his head down looking at the pavement, while pushing his glasses up towards his face. He walks until reaches his home and knocks on the door.

"Hold your damn horses, I'm coming." The women yells and finally opens the door. "Why the hell are you so late!"

"I'm sorry mom, I had to stay late in school, cuz I had to finishing my art drawing." Zayn says timidly, playing with his fingers.

"What did I say! Don't calling me your mom, I'm not your damn mother!" She growls . Zayn flinches at his fosters mothers words, he doesn't know why she always so mean towards him.

"I'm sorry." Zayn apologizes, extending his arms out to give a hug to his ruthless foster mother.

"Ew! Get away from me! I didn't ask for a hug! Just go to you're room!." She barks pushing away Zayn. Zayn gives her a frown and runs into his room.

Zayn's room is plain and dirty, no matter how hard he tries to clean his poorly excuse of a room, his foster mother always loves to trash it up, by leaving food on the floor and pour soda on the already stain carpet.

"Why doesn't she love me?" Zayn asks himself, sitting on the small bed letting the tears fall from his eyes. Zayn is the type of person who cherish his life, he's been thur a lot during his teenage years. Being in many fosters home can be consuming towards his thoughts and the lack of love he gets can be overwhelming for him, because he feels nothing but sadness, but he still has hope.The bedroom door swings open hitting the back wall loudly, causing Zayn to jump.

"Why the hell are you crying!? You're a teenager now Zack, you should be doing something with yourself, instead of that awful drawings you call art!" Zayn's foster mother spat.

"You said my name wrong, it's Zayn, mom." Zayn says quietly, looking down at his feet. Zayn felt a sharp sting to the face, his glasses being knocked off.

"What did I say! Don't call me you're mother! Call me Aurora."

Zayn though about the evil women's name for moment, it reminded him of the Disney movie: Sleeping Beauty. Zayn thought she was more like Maleficent in the movie.

Aurora gave a nasty look towards Zayn, she knew what was he thinking.

"Care to share what's on you're mind Zack!" Aurora snarl.

"No to be mean, but why did you're mom name you Aurora?" Zayn questioned shyly, he didn't want get hit again, but he was curious how did she get that name.

"Because my mother wanted too! You got a problem with my name! At least I have a mother, I mean who names their son Zayn anyways." Aurora evil laughed, pushing Zayn onto the floor.

"Why do you hate me so much?" Zayn questioned, his eyes begging for an answer, tear pour out of his eyes like never before. Zayn been treated bad by his foster mother for a few months and he always think he's the flawed one that makes her slash out at him. She gazes at the broken boy with a tiny bit of guilt, then she smacks him again.

"Hands in the air Aurora Green!" A policewomen yell, pointing the gun at her.

"I haven't done nothing." Aurora says innocently, helping Zayn up from the floor and sits on the bed with him.

"Care to explain the noise complaints from pedestrians outside. I even had to break inside you're home, because no one opened the door for me and all I hear is loud shouting inside, now what is the problem, are you hurting his poor boy?"

"No of course not officer, you see, Zayn here was jumping on the bed and I was gently shouting at him from the living room, but he had his door close, so I open and all of a sudden, he fell off the bed and now I'm helping him." Aurora fake smile, hugging Zayn tightly.