sixteen

[Standing in the eye of the storm my eyes start to roam to the curl of your lips In the center of eclipse In total darkness I, I reach out and touch]

Xavier, Trisha, Niall and Leroy got the wonderful news that Zayn was out of life support and began breathing on his own, but that was two weeks ago and still no signs of Zayn waking up. Fourteen days of waiting for Zayn to open his brown eyes and everyone waiting, no dying to hear Zayn's giggles, it's been a trademark on how adorable he sounds and their starting to lose hope that Zayn won't ever wake up.

"Do you think he will ever wake up?" Trisha asked, placing her hand on Zayn's hand.

"He will, I'm sure of it. He's a fighter and he can wake up at any moment now." Leroy assures Trisha. He's been the positive spirit out of the group. Leroy doesn't want them to doubt Zayn not waking up or they will all give up. Leroy doesn't want to give up on Zayn, he's done it to many times by blaming Zayn for Louis's actions, but he's willingly not to give up on Zayn no matter what.

"Did the doctor say how long would he take for him to wake up?" Xavier asked pacing around the small room. He missed Zayn so much and he can't stand being here, he hated hospital and just wanted to hold Zayn and protect him.

"It could take months, even years if he wakes up." Mumbled Niall, his eyes blood shot red and tired, the guilt that sits heavy on his chest, he blames himself for what Crash did to Zayn, he couldn't believe Crash would shoot his best friend. Niall been having bad dreams about the doctor saying Zayn is dead and Niall wakes up in the middle of night screaming in terror that one day his dream will be a reality.

"Maybe we should let Zayn rest." Trisha spoke up.

"So we should all leave?" Leroy asked, putting his hand on his hip. He didn't want to leave Zayn side so soon, they just got here.

"No, as in permanently let him sleep." Trisha whispers, tears falling down her face.

"No, you don't mean actually letting Zayn died? Do you? Zayn will wake up, you can't just decide to let him die, he been threw enough and when he wakes up, we will all be hear as a family." Leroy says sternly.

"You guys consider me family? Even though I've done unspeakable things to Zayn?" Xavier mumbled.

"It's in the past now Xavier, if Zayn forgave you than we all do. You've changed a lot in the last few weeks and Zayn has made a big impact on your life, so don't doubt yourself." Leroy praised.

"It's my fault anyways, Crash needed money for more drugs and I stupidly went along with him and he manage to shoot at Zayn. It felt like time slowed down when he fired that gun, I'm sorry for everything I've done." Niall cried in his hands. Trisha placed a hand on Niall's shoulder.

"Oh Niall." She coos, "It's never your fault. You didn't pull the trigger and you didn't run away from the scene, you stayed with my baby and stood here in the hospital. It's Crash's fault and karma will get him sooner or later."

"Thanks Trisha, I would've felt more awful, if you hated me." Mumbled Niall.

"How can I hate you or anyone of you guys. You made my son happy, remember his birthday party!? All the presents you gave him, I never seen a smile so wide on Zayn's face since I adopted him."

"Yeah, it was his first actually birthday party with a cake he never had, it's great to see him happy, it's the best feeling in the world." Leroy added.

"How about we all get lunch? My treat."Trisha says standing up.

"Yeah I could for some lunch, I haven't eaten in a while." Mumbled Xavier.