Part Thirteen

Zoya opened the cupboards, then the fridge, her eyes fell on the clear liquid in a glass bottle. Opening it, she sniffed it, what was this? It didn't seem to matter, she was thirsty and didn't want to settle for just water. Quickly she poured herself a glass, downing it then coughed at the sharpness that stung her throat. It hadn't taken long to have an affect, and before she had even realised, she was on the floor, warm tears rolling down her face. She raised her head when she felt a hand on her shoulder

"Zoya, what are you doing on the, hey why are you crying"

She turned around, wrapping her arms around his right leg "I'm scared, please, please don't leave me"

Aditya knelt down "It's okay, Zoya, come on, i'm here" he pulled her up slowly "No one can hurt you anymore"

"They already did" her voice broke, her fingers wrapping around his collar as she let out another sob "You weren't at home and, i'm not even your wife"

Aditya felt as if his whole world had come crashing down upon him "Of course you're my wife"

Zoya raised her head, her eyes a bloody red "HOW CAN I BE YOUR WIFE WHEN YASH IS ALIVE, I AM DAMAGED GOODS ADITYA, DAMAGED GOODS" in seconds her body fell weak, she collapsed into the support of his arms

Aditya didn't move. He didn't speak. Yash was still alive? How? Why? How did Zoya know? The only way she would have known is if she had seen him, and if she had seen him, then he had seen her. He looked down at her, his jaw clenched "Did he hurt" he stopped, she said she was damaged goods, had he? No, he couldn't have, he had mostly always been home. Then the realisation hit him, like a ton of bricks. He recalled how she had acted that one day. He stepped back, his hands covering his face before he let out a scream and slammed his fist into the mirror

"Aditya" Zoya shouted, shrieking when he cupped her cheeks

"I let you down, I promised to protect you, I didn't, Zoya, I" fresh tears made their way down his cheeks as he pressed kisses to her face "Forgive me, please, i'm so sorry, i'm so sorry, I won't ever let him near you again, i'm so sorry, so sorry" he closed his eyes, resting his forehead against hers

Zoya shook in his hold, the blood on his hand now dripping down her neck. Her head hurt and she suddenly felt very, very aware of her surroundings. She didn't want him to blame himself, it wasn't his fault. "Aditya"

"No" he shook his head, wrapping his arms around her, he dug his face into her neck, trying to calm himself with the fact she was there with him "I'll never forgive myself, i'm so sorry, please don't leave, please" his voice cracked, his bloody hand now in her hair "I'll do anything, you" he fet so selfish, begging her to stay after he had left her unprotected. He let go of her, stumbling back against the sofa "Punish me" his eyes met hers

Zoya gasped at the animalistic look in his eyes "W-what" she stuttered

"Punish me Zoya, I deserve it"

"No, you don't, please, this isn't your fault"

He dropped to his knees "I love you Zoya, i'm meant to keep you safe, look, you, I messed up, you should hate me, do you hate me, no don't tell me, I won't live if I hear you say it, i'll, i'll give you space, i'll get guards and"

Zoya looked down at him, alarmed. "Aditya, please, I don't want you to leave, let me just look at" she took a breath, so overcome by emotion "At your hand" never had anyone cared this much for her, but here Aditya was, crying for a crime he didn't even do.

"No" he snatched his hand away, standing up again "You're hurt, where did he hurt you, I don't know" his voice cracked again "I don't know how to fix this, I don't know what to do Zoya"

She had never seen him like this. She wiped away his tears, what could she do to stop this? She knew he wanted to keep her safe, he had asked her to talk more, so if she asked him to just keep her safe, would he calm down? She didn't want to add any pressure on him. "Aditya, you're scaring me, please stop"

He froze immediatley. He was an idiot, of course she was scared, she had been through so much and he was acting like he was the one falling off the rails. "Right, i'll give you space, i'll be upstairs, i'll have guards stationed outside, no one will come here" he tried to walk past her, only for her to grab his wrist.

"You said, before, that to take care of me is all you want" she turned to face him "Let me clean your hand please"

He nodded slowly, allowing her to guide him to the kitchen where she quickly washed his hand and bandaged it. It should have hurt but he just felt very numb.

Zoya knew exactly what would make him stop focusing on his self hatred. "Will you look after me"

Look after her? He had failed before, he wouldn't fail now. "You really want me to" he reached out for her hand, glad to have another chance "What can I do"

She smiled, happy to have him back to his usual self. "Just stay with me" she brought his hand to her cheek, holding it there, she turned her head to the side, kissing his palm "Just stay"

Aditya lifted her into his arms, moving towards the sofa, he sat down, pulling her as close as possible, yet it was nowhere near enough. "I love you" he repeated. "I really, really love you" he moved his hands to her legs, running his hands up them, when he looked down at her, he saw she had fallen asleep. His face crumpled, he bit into his knuckle trying to muffle the sobs, Yash would pay for what he did. But he would ensure he would pay too.

Is it weird i've missed you guys? I'm back! Feels like ages right?

But look at my likkle babies, they're growing. Talking about babies, arent kittens cute?