24~

Gauri was eating lunch when she heard knock on door. She walked and looked through peephole to find Tej with his dark shades on eyes and suited in his business attire. Gauri opened door and stared at him. He walked inside leaving her aside. She saw him taking a look at everything of her house.
He made himself comfortable on couch and Gauri brought water for him which he didn't refuse.
He took a sip and gestured Gauri to sit. She sat on single seat couch.

"Gauri I know you're sensible girl and you do know what to do" Gauri nodded suspiciously at what he was saying.

"I am thinking good for your and my child, both" her hand went on her stomach knowing what he was trying to say.

"all I am saying is" he took out a cheque from inside pocket of his blazer..
Gauri's eyes widened in shock at what he was doing.

"here take this, secure yours and your child's future for forever and leave omkara" she saw him looking at her emotionless. As if he was not doing a sin by asking her to sell herself, her respect and her husband.

She stood up and turned her back to him.

"see pap..." she stopped and corrected "Mr Oberoi neither my baby and me and nor my husband is for sell" she digged nails into her palms to stop herself from lashing.

"I was only thinking about your future. I am giving you time to think of it. Then you don't have to do all this hardwork to survive" he was smirking now.
Gauri turned, her eyes teary and red in angst.
"listen Mr oberoi" she pointed her finger at him " you  know what I thought Omkara might had invalid reasons to not love you but seeing you talking trash about your own son's wife and baby I think he was always right and I was always wrong to think he would may be change when he becomes a father but you know what you're filth in name of father." she shouted at him on top of her voice.

"you local, unworthy trash dare you speak to me in this tone" he was about to slap her when heard Omkara shouting his name.
"Tej Singh Oberoi" he saw Omkara walking with his fist ready to pounce on him, eyes fierce as if he had seen his pry.

Omkara stood in front of Gauri and held her hand from behind. Protecting her from Tej's shade he said "you said it once but I don't want to see you ever again dare you come in front of me Mr Oberoi, trust me to forget that once I called you father" Tej was now fuming looking at duo lashing at him. He felt humiliated.

"get out of our house now" omkara shouted.

Tej shook his head and walked towards exit.

"wait" Omkara voice was firm.
He walked towards him and took his hand and handed him cheque looking into his eyes.

"we don't need your charity keep that to yourself, you will need it. " he said and pointed towards gate. Tej ceased his suit and goes away.

Omkara turned towards Gauri and saw her muffling her sobs with her palms..

He rushed towards her and made her sit on couch embracing her.

"shh shh nothing. Everything is fine" he stroke her hair and embraced her tightly.

"what's his problem" her voice choking.

"he is the problem love. He only sees money and power. He doesn't see love and respect that's why he thinks everything works under his fingers" Omkara's heart piercing seeing her sobs.

She looked at him and nodded.
"you love me na " she asked looking into his eyes.

"of course baby. I love you I always will. Never ever doubt on my love for you and our kids" he stroked her belly and kissed her forehead.

"now shhh stop crying, our baby would become sad no. " she nodded through a slight chuckle. And he made hugged her tightly.

Next day, Omkara went for his work making sure that Gauri is fine and strictly ordered her if Tej comes around don't open doors. She agreed to him because she didn't want anything to effect the baby.

Gauri send her orders and got her payment from clients. She went out to buy grocery when she felt someone eyeing on her but she brushed it off cause she find no one who she knows.  She ate lunch. Started doing her other orders and after getting tired when she went for afternoon nap.

She woke up startled with the bang on door. She sat up shocked and took the rod and walked to entrance. The bang on door was getting loud by her each step..

She looked through peephole and saw Omkara completely worried.
She immediately opened door and throwing rod hugged him.

"Gauri are you fine" Omkara asked worried when he saw her tightly hugging him terrified.

"where were you I have been knocking for so long" he said slowly, stroking her hair.
.
"I slept" she murmured enable to speak.

"baby" he pulled her and saw her red face of fear.

"what happened" he caressed her face and carried her into bedroom locking door.
.
As soon as they sat on bed Gauri hugged him tightly and he heard her loud heartbeats..

"shh shhh relax I am here" he said soothing words to relax her..

"tell me what happened" he politely asked her when she was breathing normally.

She nodded her negative and said "nothing just nightmare"

He relaxed and rubbed her back to calm her more.

"I saw papa taking you and baby away" she said now almost crying.
His eyes widened at the height Tej had frightened his wife.

"shh nothing will happen"

"he.. He was saying he will kill..kill our baby because he was born from poor womb" she said breaking down completely in his arms.

Omkara closed his eyes and murmured sweet nothings in her ears to sooth.

She fell asleep in his arms without dinner. He sat beside her anger overpowering him. He didn't sleep a wink. He felt her stir and stroke her back to calm her but she woke up hugging him and smiling.

"omkara" she said snuggling.
"yes, love" he said stroking her hair and kissing her head.

"I am hungry" she said with closed eyes.
Omkara smiled thinking about her forgetting earlier incident.

"okay I will get food stay here" he kissed her and when he stood he felt tug on his wrist. He turned to see her grinning. He smirked and hover upon her.

She locked her arms around his neck and pecked on his lips and saw Omkara frowning. She chuckled and slowly placed her lips on his and nibbled. She kissed him hungrily and felt him tugging on her clothes when she broke away.

"I am hungry" she pouted and turned her back to him.

He looked at her baffled and rolled his eyes..
He kissed on her neck and gave her bite and left her looking at him shocked.

"punishment is due" she laid back laughing.

"all yours, love"....

She heard him battling with cutlery and laughed at his impatience.

.
.

Thank you...