• 🌹 XIII 🌹 •

🌹

C H A N Y E O L

🌹

It hasn't been long since the incident with Baek, and I've been forced to go back to school. The Principle says that while he understands the situation, he cannot let me miss any more days of school without suspending me. I reluctantly walk into school, an anxious feeling hanging over my head. 'What happens if something goes wrong with Baek while I'm at school, and there's no one there to help him?' I push aside the thought before I get too worked up over it. It was now time to get to Chemistry.

I walk into the classroom and sit in my usual spot. I put my head down on my desk and try to get some sleep. After a couple of minutes, the bell rings, alarming me, and everyone scurries to get to their seats. The teacher walks into the room not 2 minutes later with a very tall and lanky student following behind him.

"Good morning class, today we have a new student. He's transferring from the class below us since he was a little too advanced for it." Mr. Kim says as he moves his glasses from his face to hanging off his ears behind his head. "Introduce yourself, child." Mr. Kim says as he goes to his desk and opens his laptop, directing all his attention to the aforementioned object. The boy, now all alone to fend for himself, begins to introduce himself.

"Hello, My name is Wong Yukhei, but you can call me Lucas. I'm here from the Chemistry class below you. It's nice to meet you all." Lucas said with a very bright smile. He then started to take long strides to the closest empty desk, which just so happened to be right next to mine. My eyes followed him until he sat down in the seat. When he realized I was looking at him, he turned to my direction and smiled. I couldn't help but smile back.

"Hey there." He said.

"Hey," I said, uninterested in the conversation to come.

"What's your name?" He said.

"Chanyeol." I said, putting my head back down onto the desk.

"Nice to meet you, Chanyeol." He said, his smile never fading. I just hummed in response as I slowly drifted in and out of consciousness. I was awoken by the harsh force of someone pushing on my shoulder.

"Chanyeol, did you hear a word I just said?" Said Mr. Kim.

"Sorry Taehyung, I just haven't gotten much sleep since I've been worrying about Baek," I said to Mr. Kim. He was a Teacher that everyone liked, not only for his handsome looks but also for his laidback personality. Hence the reason me calling him by his first name doesn't affect him.

"It's fine, I understand. We're going to be doing a quick lab today, so I'm partnering you up with Lucas. Also, tell Baek that I hope he gets better soon." Taehyung said, giving me a quick pat on the back before walking off, revealing the handsome boy that was listening to the conversation behind him.

"I guess we're partners." He said, his eyes being hidden by his bright smile.

"I guess so," I said as I walked over to the lab tables, Lucas trailing behind me. We both sat down as the Teacher Assistant started laying out the lab materials.

"So, I keep hearing that you were transferred from the class below us. Does that mean that you're younger than us, or what?" I said, a little confused at the way Lucas was introduced.

"I should be the same age as you all. I was born on January 25th, and I'm seventeen if that helps. And I was just transferred from my last class since it wasn't Chemistry Honors. I was highly bored in that class." I was shocked. 'This means that he's older than me,' I thought, totally disregarding the rest of what he said.

"There's no way, you're older than me. I'm seventeen, but I was born on November 27th." I said, eyes widening to the size of saucers.

"Well, that's good to know I guess," he said. "At least I won't have to call you hyung." He said, his smile turning into a sly smirk.

"Ok, hold on, you're not as innocent as you make yourself out to be, are you?" I get, getting a little skeptical at how quickly his aura changed.

"I guess you've figured me out," He said, tilting his head to the side so that his dirty-blonde bangs fall into his eyes.

"I'm also guessing that you're gay," I said, carefully choosing my words, not wanting to completely offend him.

"Wow, am I like an open book or something, because you sure are reading me like one." Lucas let out a little chuckle at his statement.

"Listen, you may be good looking and all, but I'm not interested." I made sure to clear the air just in case there was a misunderstanding.

"Oh really now?" He said inching closer to me.

"Really," I said keeping a blank face, no matter how the closeness was affecting me. Out of the blue, he draws away from me.

"I'm just messing with you. You seem to be a pretty chill dude, and I don't want to potentially mess up a nice friendship." He said, dropping the promiscuous act.

"Ahh," I awkwardly looked down, "yeah, it's ok. We should probably get started on this lab though." I said, putting on my goggles and gloves.

- 🌹 -

We got through the lab pretty quickly with time to spare. As it turns out, Lucas is brilliant, if that wasn't implied before, and easy to talk to. We got along pretty well and it was agreed upon that I was going to eat lunch with him and his friends. As we were walking out of the Chemistry Lab, we exchanged phone numbers so that we could get to know each other a little more outside of Mr. Kim's Chemistry Class. I could already tell this was going to be a good friendship, I pushed aside the butterflies that were coming to life in my abdominal region.