#2

Marco was lucky enough to see Jackie on his was to the cafeteria.
"Hey Jackie!" Marco waved at Jackie and caught up to her.
"Oh, hey Marco," Jackie smiled as the brunette approached her.
They both arrived at the cafeteria and met Ferguson and Alfonzo, and managed to find a free table.

"Hows your first day been?" Alfonzo broke the silence while they all ate their food.

"Its been pretty good, apart from the fact that none of you guys are in my classes," Marco took a bite out of his sandwich and savoured the taste.

"Seen anyone you like yet?" Jackie smiled mischievously.

Alfonzo blushed, "not yet, what about you?"

"You see the odd guy walking past, but apart from that, nothing major," Jackie smiled.

"You okay Marco?" Ferguson looked over at the clearly troubled boy.

Marco snapped out of his trance, "oh, yeah I'm fine, what are we talking about again?"

Jackie laughed, "doesn't matter, safekid."

"Oh! I forgot about that nickname, it was awesome back in high school," Ferguson pointed at Marco.

"I hate you, Jackie," Marco looked over at the giggling girl.

"You know you don't, Marco..." Jackie smiled charmingly, she was doing it again, the charming smile that Marco used to lust over.

He blushed and turned away.

"Hows your roommate?" Jackie giggled.

"Don't have one, " Marco said simply.

"Lucky, mines some weird red-haired kid..." Jackie laughed, "speak of the devil," she pointed over to the door, a girl with extremely long red hair and glasses walked in, holding a white bag.

"Why don't you take a picture?" Jackie laughed.

"I'll pass..." Marco turned around to face his friends.

"Hey! Katie?!" Jackie called the girl over, she looked alarmed at first and then caught Jackie's eye and walked over.

"Hey, Jackie, who are these guys?" She looked a little nervous.

"Oh, this is Marco, Ferguson, and Alfonzo."

"Cool, mind if I sit next to you, Marco?

"Not at all," Marco moved up and patted the seat next to him.

"I like your hoodie..." She commented quickly and then looked at her lap.

Marco blushed, "t-thanks..."

"Guys, this is getting pretty awkward, Marco, don't be so tense, she doesn't bite," Jackie looked at the pair in front of her.

"I'm going back to my dorm, ill see you guys tomorrow, see you around Katie." Marco stood up to leave.

"Wait, Marco," Jackie stood up, "let me come with you."

"I'm not staying here," Katie got up and rushed away.

"I need to talk to you, Marco..." Jackie said when they got outside.

"Whats up, Jackie?" Marco was getting kind of sick of all the attention.

"Listen, I'm sorry, I feel really bad for breaking your heart, its just, things were hard back then, and I think I want to try again Marco..." Jackie ran her fingers through her hair nervously.

"Try what again?" Marco flushed a little.

"Us, Marco I still love you..."

"I don't know about that Jackie, you were pretty brutal when you ended it with me..."

"I know, and I'm so sorry, listen I understand your point, now this is just embarrassing..."

"Jackie, don't be embarrassed, look ill consider it, but don't get your hopes up..." Marco got up to leave.

"Thanks for understanding, Marco, you're a great friend..." Jackie got up and pulled Marco into a tight hug.

Marco wrapped his arms around her and rested his head on her shoulder, he missed the times when he dated Jackie, but it was the start of university and he wanted to focus on actually getting around the place for now.

Jackie let go and waved at him, before heading back to her room.

..*..

Marco reached his room and slammed the door behind him, today had been pretty eventful for his first full day here, he decided taking a shower would be nice.

He opened the bathroom door, the shower was surprisingly on.

That's weird I could've sworn it was off this morning.

Sheepishly, he approached the shower and grabbed the shower curtain, sliding it to the side a little. He heard a girl squeal from inside the shower and was relieved he didn't open it any further.

"What are you doing?!" He heard a girl shout from inside the shower.

"Sorry, I didn't know you would be arriving today..." Marco said as he left the bathroom. He closed the door behind him and sat on his bed, waiting for his new roommate to come out, so he was stuck with a girl after all...

She left the shower wearing a dressing-gown over her towel.

"Hey, sorry we had to meet like that, I'm Star Butterfly, it's nice to meet you," She smiled sweetly.

Marco's new roommate looked pretty nice, she had long blonde hair and huge blue eyes, which framed her face perfectly.

"Hi, Star, I'm Marco, it's nice to finally meet you, I have some things I am supposed to give you..."