Chapter 6

Benjamin's POV.

"If I was you I would get away from my son before I teach you some manners, old man." I said crossing my arms angry at that father for bullying a small kid, younger than his son. I wonder where this kid's father is?

I walked and stand next to that boy who looked exactly like someone I know. He looks so much familiar. God, I wonder why I have seen him. I swear I have seen his picture somewhere. Maybe I know his parents. I have a feeling I won't like who he is. And I know when I have a feeling like that it becomes true.

So many people look alike in this world, I am sure I don't know him.

"Is everything alright gentleman?" A woman who I think must be the teacher came in just in time before I beat this old man up. He should thank his lucky stars that I didn't beat him up.

"Maybe if you did your job right everything would've been alright." I replied with my arms still crossed. Who in their right mind leaves a kid with the other kid he was fighting with and his father alone. Even an idiot fool would know not to leave them alone.

"Pardon." I know she heard me the first time but what I don't like is repeating myself so I just walked away and before I could a kid caught my hand.

"What do you want kid?" Those eyes, god those blue eyes. He looks just like someone I know. I have seen him somewhere maybe his picture. I should stop thinking about him, or else I will lose my mind.

He looks familiar, that's it. He can't be related to me.

"Please stay." The kid asked me, but it doesn't sound like he was just asking he was pleading with tears in his eyes. Before I could utter a word he added "I don't have a father." Everyone knows I don't give a fuck of anything, and I don't have feelings but seeing this kid something inside me changed. I don't know what this feeling is but I do know it's something I wouldn't like. Before I could think I have already agreed. I already said the words before I knew it.

"Okay. Just for today." I replied without thinking. Shit, why did I have to come to this school today of all days? Now I will be late for my meeting.

"There is my desk." He said pointing at it the front of the class. I remember when I was at school I always sat at the front till third grade I started sitting at the back because the teaches were boring and I always used to sleep in class especially Wednesday.

"Come on then." As he sat down I preferred standing and just like that he started looking at me. This feeling I have seems to always come back when he looks at me. Something in this boy seems off. Maybe I will stay until he's about to go home so I can see if I know his mother. But I would've known if he was related to someone I know.

"What's your name?" The boy stared at me. None of us were paying attention to what the teacher was saying.

"Momma said don't tell your name to strangers. I--" before he finished the sentences I cut him off.

"My name is Benjamin and it's fine you don't have to tell me your name." Before he could say anything the teacher walked to us.

"I don't see you painting Elijah, and Mr. Carson can I have your attention please." She said flirting with me but I didn't care about that, I care about how the fuck she knows I'm a Carson? I always donated stuff to this school but I didn't know they knew me. I didn't even introduce myself yet. Could she have seen pictures of me in the magazine? Yes, that must be it. Why the fuck, am I overthinking things today.

"You up next Mr. Carson." Shit, where is this kid's father? I can't believe I have to do his work for him. I got up and the kid said "Don't be shy." That kid made me smile. The last time I laughed or smiled was when I was married to Sofia it may have been a fake marriage but she was an amazing wife until what she did to me. Sofia was the best sarcastic person ever but she always said I was sarcastic.