the day after tomorrow

it was 10:35pm when the phone call came... it was her father... who knew that in only a few hours their whole life would change for the better or worse?

*lucy pov*

it was just after Gajeel had goan home and Juvia was helping me set up the bunkbed in my room for her to sleep in when my mother had called us downstairs " yes mom?"I say a little confused "its for you..." she seemed just as confused as I was "hello this is Lucy... yes...is he ok?...a-are you sure?...t-thanks...you too..." I felt my heart shatter into a million pieces when I felt them role down my cheeks my mother put a hand on my shoulder and gasped when she saw my face dripping with tears "Lucy who was on the phone honey? and what did they say to you?..." my mother said with worry in her voice "d-daddy...he-he was in a car accident... he didn't make it he... he only had the strength to call and tell me he was sorry for breaking his promise..." my mother then gently took the phone and called the hospital to get more info "Juvia..." Juvia came over from the stairs and stood next to me "can I have a hug?" she smiled and gave me the biggest hug you can imagine "if you want to talk about it I am always gonna be there for you but don't think im rushing you because im not... take your time and when your ready we can talk ok?" I smile "thanks and are you gonna stay?..." she hugged me tighter "... I will stay for as long as you need me to..." after a few years the three of us got closer "hey bunny girl?" gajeel said making me glare at him "what?..." he had a serious look on his face "graduation is on Monday you gonna come?" he never misses an opportunity to get to the point "I was thinking about that earlier on actually and... yeah I think I might my dad would want to see me graduate plus my cousin said that if I go then he would throw a pool party as the after party..." juvias eyes lit up and gajeels face went pale 'juvia has always loved the water and gajeel cant swim btw' 

*time skip graduation day*

"... and the final graduate Lucy heartfilia!" as my name was called I walked up receiving a round of applause from everyone after everything was done gajeel had pulled me to the side " whats wrong gajeel? don't you want to come to the pool party?" I ask as he looks anywhere but at me "look you are the only person who can know about this ok?" I nod signalling that he should continue "well to be honest I uhh- I cant swim..." he said blushing a little from embarrassment, I smiled at him "he has a hot tub you know that right? and plus he cant even swim he just has a a house with a pool in the backyard that he has never used but only cleaned... so you could always just chill in the hot tub no problem and the best part is you and my cousin can get to know each other!" I say just as my phone buzzes 

[Queen bee: hey baby girl im going to bring you and your friends to the party if they want a ride that is...]

typical mom "hey gajeel would you like a lift to the party?" he shook his head "nah plus juvia has something she needs help with so we will meet you there but thanks for the offer anyway... oh gotta go see ya later!" he said waving goodbye 

[no that's fine but can you bring me my swim suit so I can change before the patry?] 

[no problem honey :)]

my mom can be so weird sometimes but as promised she came with my swim suit as promised and I got changed and hopped in the car after lots of gossip my mom finnaly said the words I was waiting for... "honey I have some great news about the high school you will be attending... you where accepted to-" everything went black I heard my mom scream glass break in the airbag inflate then nothing.