008: The Day That I Met You...

A/N: Thank you for reading, commenting, and voting! I love you guys~ ♥(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

Edit: Just fixing how Shinto addresses An Chuhua... It was too intimate so... I made it more distant.

---

The days quickly flew by. The other four would go to school, while Shinyi would get tutored at home. Less than two months has passed by and it would be Shinyi's first day at school. Feiyi's visit was a common occurrence. Shinyi couldn't even count how many times he had his tofu eaten by him anymore. He had initially thought that if he showed the others that he was capable of taking care of himself that he would have more personal space.... It turns out that he was wrong. It was still the same.

Shinyi also visits Nanny Chen at the hospital a couple of times per week. It was the part in the day he was looking forward to. To see the fear and despair in her eyes. He knew that it was only a matter of time before her body and soul would give out from the pressure. All he needed to do was wait, she was there for his birth and he would be there for her death. He would not give her the rest that she was seeking nor could he let her off. She had accumulated enough bad karma in her past life to fill a city with. Since the Heavens turned a blind eye and did not condemn her for her sins, he would be the vindicator.

From his memories of the past, Nanny Chen would repeatedly target him because he was his sibling's achilles heel. Now that he had cut off that route, it was another arm that Qiu Hua did not have. He would be able to prevent Qiuyue's misfortune that his past self had foolishly thrown on her. They used him to trap her and she did not deserve what she was casted upon. Shinyi could still remember that she had gently stroked his hair that day and smiled bitterly, but she did not blame him. The light dimmed in her eyes since that day and she lost the liveliness that she once had. She would've been a beautiful flower that would bloom brightly in this vast monotonous world and he cut her stem off before she would be able to fully grow.

It was early in the morning and Shinyi had gotten dragged out of bed by Qiuyue. She was a very enthusiastic person and 'volunteered' to help him. She combed his hair and helped dress him. Qiuyue squealed in delight as she stared at Shinyi. It made him mentally forehead smack himself but he kept his shy demeanor on for her. He was very cute in his new school uniform, a light blue blazer with a white dress shirt, and a tie with the same color, a khaki colored pants, and a black leather bag. His hair was now cut and only reached to his neck. Qiuyue had braided two small braids as she styled his hair.

Shinyi wanted to undo them but he could only sigh, as this would only be a gracing ephemeral moment in this horrid life. He would let them do what they wanted while they still could, while life was still tranquil. Shinyi looks at his hands and balls them into a fist. Today would be when he would meet 'her'. Their first encounter. 'She' would become the miasma that would poison and obscure everything around him.

After getting him ready, Qiuyue kisses his forehead and hops away. She was humming in a gleeful manner as she had snapped over 100+ photos and she couldn't wait to flaunt it off to the others about what a great job she had done. She would rub it in their faces that she was the first one to see him in his school uniform, and the first to get him ready.

At the school entrance, everyone was hugging Shinyi. Yijun looks as if he was giving away his precious daughter to her husband. Yunsheng had on a worried look as if he was a mother looking at their child was about to be dragged to go and fight a war. Feiyi, on the other... His reaction was normal besides the fact that he was holding his hand right now and not wanting to let go.

Shinyi's mouth twitches as he stares at the larger hand that had encompassed his own. It felt warm and comfortable, but it has been fifteen minutes! Fifteen minutes since they've arrived and still this man has not let go his hand yet.