Cliché

Chapter four

Carmen

Saturday night I showed up to Angelas party late. Opps. As I parked out front I could hear music pumping from speakers inside the house. It was some form of dub step, pounding loud enough to cause the windows to shake. Inside was most of the 11th year class, dancing, drinking and talking. Furniture was pushed into the corner of the room so people could "get their freak on." I looked around for Maggie and spotted Briget, a girl Maggie had introduced me to. 

"Hey briget!" I had to practically scream over the thrummping music. I felt like I was at a concert, the music was making my chest viberate so much. It wasnt the most plesant feeling ever, but it got your adrealine pumping and made you want to dance. (Strange, I know.)

Bridget dragged me half-dancing through the house into the backyard, so we could talk clearly.  

"Hey! Whats up?" Bridget was still shouting. 

"Nothing. Have you seen maggie? I was supposed to meet her here." I asked. The back yard was huge. There was a large square underground pool with crystal clear blue water, surronded by patio stones leading up to a gazebo where some people sat talking and lauging. Everything seemed very classy and professional, Angela definatly had some rich parents.

"I dont know!" Bridget continued to yelled. "I'm gunna go inside and dance!"  

I let out an annoyed breathe. Great.

Danny

Angelas house was enormous. I was already a bit nervous.  

"Dude, you can hear the music from here!" Greg said excitedly, pulling up his pants high enough so he could run across the street without them falling down.  

I quickly followed after him, running across the lawn and into the huge white house. If the cops were'nt here soon to file a noise complaint then I would be seriously surprised.

Inside was choatic. I was almost postive everyone from school was crammed in this place. And despite it being big, that was one person too many. (Over a thousand too many, actually.) 

Greg ran straight into the crowd and was gone. Dammit. Great best friend I have. 

I tried to navigate around the house, but i was too close to everyone for comfort. I managed to find the kitchen. The counter was stacked with cases of beer, the fridge contained pink plastic cups and bottles of various kinds of alcohol. I rummaged around and managed to find a coke. I took it outside, hoping to get away from the people and pounding music. My head hurt and my stomach ached and I hadnt even been there five minutes. Eventually I found the back door and stumbled outside, running head first into someone. 

"Sorry." I mummbled, planning on side stepping them and leaving quickly. 

"Hey, your that guy Angela pushed!"  

I looked up to see the one and only, (beautiful) Carmen. 

"Yeah." I managed. Lame. A paralyzed kid could have better moves than me, and he cant even talk. 

"Sorry about that." Carmen smiled. It was the type of smile you offer when someones dog dies and you feel bad. You dont really care, but you want them to think you do.  

"I thought you and her where best friends." (If they really where I wouldnt be talking to her right now, obviously.) I still prayed to the high heavens she wasnt.

Carmen snorted. (Very unlady like, but still totally hot.) "Plastic barbie doll and company? I'd rather gouge my eyes out. Where more...acquaintances."