Bubbles

Chapter Nine

Danny

Parent-granted house arrest is a lot like being dead. Except your not actually dead. You can't speak, walk, eat or so much as blink without one of your parents blowing up in your face for being a 'disobident and dissapointing child.' (Okay, so maybe it's not like being dead at all.) So far I've been locked in my room for four hours, which is'nt too bad because I need time to work out my plan. I am becoming ever-so-hesitant, which is'nt a good sign. I mean, Carmens plan has already failed. (It wasnt even that bad of plan. There was an even better chance my plan will blow up in my face.) How much trouble would I be in for this? I quickly calculated... At the most a few years in jail. I dont think I could handle that. The few hours of "quality time" I'd spent in the slammer ealier where long enough. There was only one way to tell how bad this was.

I picked up my phone and quickly dialed Carmens number.

"Do you hate me?" She immedetly answered. No 'Hello, how are you Danny?' Just straight to the point.

I laughed. "No, I dont. I have another plan."

There was a pause on the other end."So you dont hate me?" (She sounded pretty happy, probably due to the fact it was her idea that landed me in the jail holding cell in the first place.) "What is your plan?" She now sounded skeptical, probably because she thought it was going to be low-key because I'd want to preserve what was left of my clean criminal record. It was a little too late for that.

I quickly summarized my ideas, and Carmen was speechless.

"No way in hell your going through with this." She sounded angry.

"You know, I was really uncertain of this. I thought it was a bad idea-" (Carmen quickly interupted me to tell me it really was in fact, a terrible idea.) "But hearing your thoughts, I'm thinking that I'll give it a shot. I gotta go though, talk to you tomorrow." With that, I hung up the phone.

Perfect. Plan Bubbles was offically a-go.