Apocalypse Rising (Book One)

Rose Tyler was just an ordinary shop girl who dropped out of school to support her boyfriend. Dumped and nineteen years old, she's working in a shop. Really, nothing special.

And then a woman known only as the Apocalypse drops in and saves her life, offering her a chance of a lifetime: to travel through space (and time) with her.

As they go, Rose learns that she's not the only one that hasn't had the best track record. The Apocalypse isn't exactly clean, either.

In fact, she's nowhere near clean, after she destroyed her own world to protect the universe, taking her husband down with it.

Maybe she's not an ordinary woman. But Rose definitely isn't ordinary, either.

***

Lovely cover made by _marvelous! Thank you SO much! :)

Yay! Here comes the Apocalypse! It's funny, I was thinking about what it would be like if the Master had a sister, and the Doctor's wife was actually the Master's sister . . . that went into what I thought would be a twist in "Utopia"/"Sound of Drums"/"Last of the Time Lords", and then this started coming!

So, here's the Apocalypse, for all of those wondering.

The Ninth Apocalypse, played by Cote de Pablo, is the incarnation out of the Time War (yes, there is the War Apocalypse). She wears a black camisole top and a nice black vest over top zipped a quarter way up with gold clasps, but she never uses them. She has khaki pants and a black belt and black combat boots laced all the way up. She also has small gold hoop earrings and a silver wristwatch she never takes off, not that Rose has seen. Her dark hair is either up in a ponytail or let loose, either wavy or a curly mess. Her sonic screwdriver is black with a gold diode on it, and she (sort of) shares a personality with the Ninth Doctor, including his catch phrase "Fantastic!" But there are characteristics of her own as well, because let's face it, this isn't the Doctor. This is his wife. She's different in many ways.

So, let's get started! The prologue is ready, but I need to put in the appropriate italics to put it on, so expect it soon! And for those on "Struggling To Adjust," "The Lazarus Experiment" is in the making!