My Boss

SinB's POV

"SinB ireonna! It's already 6:30am. You told me that you should be at work at 7:00am." Sowon unnie said while patting my butt.

"Aish jinja?! Why didn't you wake me up earlier? I'm gonna be late meeting my new boss." I said opening my eyes widely while pouting my lips then went straight to the bathroom.

"Yah! I'm not your alarm clock Hwang Eunbi!" Sowon replied back and stepped out of my room banging the door.

It was just the two of us in the apartment because our parents just left us in the orphanage. We became orphans and learned to be independent at an early age.

I work in the morning while she works in the evening. She works as a call center agent while I work as a secretary in a company. Today is the day when I'm going to meet my new boss because the older brother went to a business trip so the younger brother will replace him while he is away. I only have 5 minutes left to get to our company. I'm still at the bus though. It's already 6:58am when I entered the building and I kept on pressing the elevator button.

"Hurry up! I'm gonna be late. What's taking you so long to go down? Ottoke?" I said stomping my feet while waiting for the elevator to open.

I didn't notice that there is someone watching me the whole time when I entered the building up to the elevator. When the elevator door opened, I hurriedly get inside and pressed the 17th floor.

"Excuse me, could you please press the 7th floor? Thanks." Someone asked me from behind.

Before I pressed the 7th floor, I blurted out some words.

"Are you kidding me?" I said whispering while looking at my watch.

The guy with brown hair laughed all of a sudden. But I didn't mind him at all because I was so late. When I reached the 17th floor, I went out first not minding those who I bumped going out of the elevator too. And just 1 minute left before 7:00am. I saw my coworkers were all lining up to welcome our new boss so I went to the last line and fixed my crumpled skirt. When the door opened, we all greeted and bowed our heads simultaneously.

"Good morning sir, welcome to SVTGF Company!"

I am still bowing my head 90 degrees when I saw his pair of shoes stopped walking in front of me. He talked to me that made me feel nervous, thinking if I made a mistake or maybe he caught me being late.

"Please come to my office!" He said with a deep voice.

When our new boss entered his office, my colleagues took a deep sigh and went straight to their working stations, leaving me behind.

"Ottoke?" I said to myself in annoyance while hitting my head.

I have no choice but to go to his office so I knocked on the door twice.

"Please come in." He said after the knock.

"Good morning sir, you called me a while ago. Would you like some coffee or tea? How may I help you?" I asked while stuttering.

"I'm not here for coffee or anything. I just want you here. I want to talk with you." He said sitting on a chair while facing his back at me.

"Eh? What is it that you want to talk about sir?" I asked nervously.

"I think I saw you running a while ago when you entered the building up to the elevator." He said still not facing me.

"Oh no! I'm so dead, he caught me being late." I said in my thoughts.

"Sir, I'm so sorry if I was late. It will not happen again." I said looking down.

He stood up from his chair and approached me.

"Because you're late you will accompany me wherever I go. You have to check my schedule and give me a tour in this company. Arasso?" He said while staring intently into my eyes.

I was star struck because he looked beautifully handsome. I've never seen any human being who looked more beautiful than I was. Because I know that I'm beautiful but to think that he is a guy with double eyelids and I didn't see any pores on his face at all. It was unbelievable! I was spacing out and my mouth was still open when he caught my attention.

"A bug might enter your mouth if you will not close it." He said with a smirk.

"Where is the bug?" I shouted and hid behind his back holding his suit after telling me that there was a bug.

"You're spacing out! Aren't you? I said close your mouth because a bug might get inside it." He said while straightening his suit and tie.

"Sir, I'm so sorry! I wasn't paying attention. Let me help you fix your tie. It was my fault why your suit and tie got crumpled. Mianhe. It is just that I'm afraid of bugs since I was young." I said while fixing his suit and tie.

"Gwenchana! Ehem!" He said then cleared his throat and pushed my hands away.

"I'm so sorry sir for my actions." I said while bowing to him 90 degrees.

"Today, refrain from saying sorry and do your best. I don't want to hear it from you once again. Arasso?" He said with a smile.

"Ne, arasso." I nodded with a smile.

"By the way, I haven't introduced myself. I'm Yoon Jeonghan. And you?" He asked me extending his right hand for a handshake.

"I'm Hwang Eunbi, your secretary. Nice to meet you sir." I replied back and extended my hand for a handshake.

When our hands met it felt strange and our eyes met all of a sudden like the world stopped around us in a second.

"Shall we go and have a tour around the building?" He asked to break the silence.

"Yes, Mr. Yoon. Come follow me." I said while leading the way.

We went to different workstations in the company and greeted his employees. We went to the conference hall, pantry, company clinic, restroom and lastly stockroom. While I was explaining my boss about what the employees were placing in the stockroom, I didn't notice that I stepped on a pile of folders and was about to fall. When I closed my eyes and ready to fall, a pair of strong arms wrapped around my waist. I was still closing my eyes when he said something.

"Gwenchana Ms. Hwang?" He said while looking me in the eyes.

Because I felt embarrassed and just panicked seeing our awkward situation, I struggled to loosen his hold of me but instead of that, my clumsiness led to something else that would make me want to quit my job. We kissed. I blinked my eyes for 10 times and we're still in the same position. He was still carrying me and our lips are still in touch. His eyes were staring deeply into mine. When we parted our lips, I was about to say sorry but he stopped me.

"Your a clumsy girl aren't you? I told you to stop saying sorry and you have to do your best. Now take responsibility of your actions. This is not a bad day for a first day." He said then put me down and kissed me passionately.

I was surprised, I didn't know why I responded to his kiss and felt butterflies in my stomach. Is this what they call love at first sight? We were breathless when we parted our lips. He stood up first and told me this.

"Fix yourself and come to my office. Let's go out after work. And by the way just call me oppa if it's just the two of us. You taste vanilla."

And just like that he left me behind still laying on the floor.