The Defendant

SinB's POV

I grew up in a family of inspectors. My dad taught me a lot of  stuff and trained me when I was a kid until I turned 21. My classmates were all afraid of me and they never laid a finger on me because of my family background. Even boys who tried to date me were afraid of me. So, I never had a boyfriend since then.

My mother asked me to have a part time in her office after school so I could be ready after college and have a little background in their field of work. After school, I went straight to the office and changed my clothes. Wearing black pants with white top and a black blazer. I looked like one of the inspectors because of my outfit. My mom gave me my first task as her assistant. She asked me to figure out the case that was given to her and resolve it.

"Ms. Hwang, here's the file that your mother asked me to give you. You can start whenever you want." My mother's secretary said and handed me folders of the new case.

"Thank you. I'll read it and will start doing it now." I said to my mom's secretary and bowed.

I started reading the file and investigate afterwards. I saw a family picture and went to the address of the crime scene. A mother was killed in her own room and her son was the main suspect because he was the only person who witnessed and left with her at home. The investigators asked him about the crime and he admitted that he was the one who killed his mother. They said that his step father was away from work when the crime happened. Mrs. Hwang, my mother, knew that the son was not the real culprit. So, she wanted me to figure out who the real culprit was and why the innocent man admitted it. I interviewed the step father first.

"Why do you think he killed his mother?" I asked the father.

"He is a brat. He has a grudge on his late mother because her favorite is not him but his sister." The father said and acting like he was crying while getting the tissue.

"Is that the only reason why he killed his mother? And where is your daughter?" I asked furrowing my eyebrows.

"Oh my poor daughter, she's still at the hospital and she's passing. The doctor said that we have to pay for her operation but we didn't have enough money so I'm just waiting for a miracle to happen." He said still crying.

"I heard that you received the insurance money of your wife? Isn't it enough for your daughter's operation?" I asked with curiosity.

I was a bit anxious after seeing him froze and he was sweating a lot.

"Oh that money that I received from the insurance company were all gone and I paid our debts for my daughter's hospitalization." He said trying to hide his face from me.

"This man is lying. It's very obvious." I said in my thoughts.

"Oh really? Thank you for answering my questions." I said then left him and smirked when I turned around.

That man was sneaky. If I had more evidence I would definitely catch him and free his son. I went to the hospital to find his daughter. I showed my ID to the nurses and asked the bills of his daughter for hospitalization. What shocked me the most was the amount was not as costly as the amount of insurance money that he received.

"He just took the insurance money of his wife." I said thoughtfully.

"Excuse me, may I know the sickness of his daughter? Is she dying?" I asked the nurse.