Exes get you stressin

For the first time since Perry worked there, Doss stopped by. He usually avoided it for Vaughn's sake but she was out of town. He had to take Perry to a doctor's appointment so it was time for him to face his ex.

He was a little nervous stepping out of his car. When he put his hand on the door, an overwhelming coldness struck him. Shelly really made a presence on the diner. He sat down @ a booth. He scanned the place out for her. She wasn't in sight. He thought it must not be her shift. Tension had waned down and he could relax.

Something slapped his arm. It was only a menu. There was a big belly poking out @ him. "Oh it's just you Perry."

"Hey, how about you order something? I have a boss looking at me. I'm making a honest living for once. I want to keep it that way."

"You're right. I don't know what I was thinking." He grinned. "I'll take a coffee."

"Anything for you." She grabbed his menu.

Her shift ended in about a hour so he sipped that little cup of coffee till it's very last reminit. Shelly just started her shift. She saw his cup was empty. She jumped to the opportunity.

She made a new pot of coffee. Being impatient, she took the pot off before it was done filling up. Coffee splashed on the floor. She didn't care. Right now she had to get him coffee. She saw a piece of pie eaten. She yanked it off the table and leaped to him. She was trembling.

She managed to not show it. She would be the beautiful, most unforgettable ex, who doesn't need him. She smacked the pie on the table. It made somewhat of a noise but the vibration made everyone in the diner shake.

"I saw that you were out of coffee." She poured him some in his cup.

"I guess you saw my lack of sweets too. I can't believe you remembered my favorite dessert."

She placed her hands on his. "That's not all I remember. It wasn't so long when-"

Doss cut her off. "Yeah. I know we dated. Let's just forget those times."

"How can I forget when it was the best time of our lives." She squeezed harder.

"Maybe your life, but don't include me in that. We had love, we did. It was a love I cherished. At least, at the time. But, I have found love elsewhere. Love that'll last an eternity. You have to get over the fact that I only married Vaughn because she was pregnant. What I thought would be a loveless marriage, blossomed into everything I dreamed of." He let go.

"That dream had me in it." Tears fell faster from her face, than the words came out. "She was never supposed to be with you!"

"I believed that too before the wedding. What you don't know is everything happens for a reason. Vaughn and I were always meant to be. " Doss said.

"She locked you into a marriage!"

"Vaughn was locked up just as much as me."

"No, she faked that pregnancy."

"Do you not hear yourself right now? You sound crazy. Vaughn didn't want to marry me. She pleaded with her parents for her to go off to school. She was willing to give me full custody."

"That's a load of bull. She tricked you."

"What? Her parents pulled her money for college and used it to pay for the wedding and the baby. Perry wanted a life away from this. I dragged her into an inescapable hole. My parents weren't so thrilled either and threatened her sister's reputation to her to marry me. Vaughn didn't deserve any of the crap she went through." He explained.

"You're protecting her. She brainwashed you!"

"You're becoming a broken record. Just stop it. This is what you believed all these years? She was pregnant, losing that baby killed her. Now stop telling yourself lies and move on. I'm tired of this, I'm out." He got up placed money on the table and stormed out. Shelly left to take a smoke. She needed time.

"Boss?" Perry asked.

"Yes, Perry?" Her boss asked.

"Can I go check on my friend?"

"Go for it kiddo. Your shift is almost over. Just clock out."

"Thanks."

She walked out onto the steps. Doss seemed frustrated. She rubbed his back.