Imani

He really told me to be ready for a prestigious event in 2 hours. It takes longer than 2 hours to get dressed and look presentable.

Nathaniel Howard was a hard man to please. He instructed me to wear my hair up, with minimal makeup. I could wear one gold necklace, one gold watch or bracelet and a ring.

Since nothing in my house was up to his standards, he bought me a beautiful navy gown and gold heels that I won't be able to afford in my entire life.

As I was finishing up, Nathaniel rang my doorbell.

Shit, Isaiah's in the living room.

I thought as I scrambled to get ready. I don't want my brother to meet this guy at all.

When I opened my door, I was surprised to see Nathaniel and another guy, talking to my brother and Ms. Evangeline, his babysitter about comic books. The look on Nathaniel's face said everything.

"You look quite stunning, Imani." He said as he took my hand.

Oh, maybe he isn't such a jerk after all.

"I really did a great job picking out that dress, didn't I ? I had to make sure you looked presentable." He whispered in my ear.

I rolled my eyes. Never mind, he's still a jerk.

The other guy took my hand and kissed it. "You must be the lovely Imani. I'm Harper Evans."

I know I blushed. Harper was cute and had manners , like a boy next door, but he was nothing compared to Nathaniel.

I walked over to Isaiah and kissed his forehead. "No tv past 8, get your clothes ready for school tomorrow and make sure you say your prayers."

"I love you, Imani."

"I love you more Zay. Goodnight, sweet dreams." I kissed his forehead again before I left.

Nathaniel opened my door, and I quickly scooted inside his huge Bentley.

Men and their cars. He's probably over compensating for something else that's small. Maybe that's why he's a jerk too. I thought as Nathaniel started driving to the destination.

I was kind of sad when Harper got in his own car. Harper was nice.

I guess I zoned out, because we were at the building.

"Listen up, Imani. If you even embarrass me in the slightest, you'll wish you were never born. Understood ?"

He was smiling as he threatened me. Actually smiling.

"Understood."

"Good. Don't speak unless spoken to, since we all know that's not happening, keep your mouth shut. Your limit is 2 glasses of champagne, I'll order your food. Keep smiling and looking pretty, I'll do everything."

That was the most degrading treatment I've gotten in my whole life. I'm not an object that he can control.

"I am a person, you know." I mumbled as he gave the key to valet.

He took my hand and lead me to the bathroom.

Is there a sitting room in the bathroom ?

I didn't get a chance to finish my thought before he threw me against the wall.

"What did you say?" His brown eyes were wild, and all I could think of was him doing me.

"I said I was a person."

He laughed, shook his head, reaching over to my ear. "For the next year, you are my person. You listen to me, and me only. Understood ?" He whispered.

I nodded meekly.

He has some serious daddy, control, and anger issues.

"I won't hesitate to carry out my threat." He said as he walked out with me right behind him.