Imani

(1 month later)

"Babe, do you have to go to work?" I pouted as I watched Nathaniel get dressed. He smiled as he finished buttoning up his shirt. Gosh my baby is so handsome. "Don't worry Princess, I'll be home soon, okay?" He walked over to the bed, and handed me his bow tie. "Hurry home, cause I'm gonna miss you, and I'm going to miss your talents, and I'm gonna miss cuddling with you, okay Pretty Boy." He smirked as I finished, then he kissed my cheek. "You know I'd never keep my baby girl waiting. I'll take Isaiah to school. I love you Kathleen." "I love you too, Nate." He kissed me one last time before he left.

As soon as Nate and Isaiah left, I ran straight to the bathroom, and barely made it to the toilet before I threw up again. For the last week, that's all I've been doing. All day, every day. Nate doesn't even notice it. Recently, he's been kind of distant. Like the only time he's actually here are when we're doing each other, or rare mornings like today. Whenever I wanted to talk about it, He just said not to worry about anything.

I finished puking my guts up, brushed my teeth, got in the shower, and wondered what I was going to get Nathaniel for his birthday. What do you get for the man who already has everything? I tried thinking about it until I felt a migraine coming on. I hopped out the shower, dried off quickly and put lotion and a t-shirt on. I left my hair out in a curly afro and decided to take a nap till the migraine passed.

***

"Darling, you're beautiful." Nate said as he handed me another piña colãda. "And you look really good in yellow." He whispered as he pulled my bikini bottoms down. I looked around but we were the only ones on the beach. "I just want a taste." He whispered in my ear before leaving a trail of kisses down my stomach to my hot and wet pussy. He started kissing my inner thigh before I moved his head over. He laughed before he went to work. I was right on the edge, I was so close to cuming when He stopped. I groaned in frustration. "Pretty Boy, why'd you stop?" Only to look down and see he wasn't there.

"Nathaniel, where'd you go? This isn't funny." I yelled, but I was all by myself on the beach. "Nathaniel? Nate where are you?" I started running around and panicking.

"You're precious Nate isn't here to save you, princess." Harper said from behind me. I started running as fast as I could to get to safety, but Harper was quicker. "I thought I told you to be there when I came back, stupid whore. " He whispered in my ear as he grabbed my waist and threw me over his shoulder. "PUT ME DOWN, PUT ME DOWN NOW YOU PATHETIC BASTARD!!!!!" I screamed, kicked, scratched and bit. "You were always so damn feisty, Imani." He said as he threw me back on the ground.

He looked so different from the first time I saw him. Gone was the easy smile and warm brown eyes. His face didn't have the same glow. He looked like a crazed maniac. He looked like a broken shell of a man.

He threw a punch, but I moved away quickly. The next one landed straight on my jaw. "No-one is going to save you, no-one cares about ugly fat ass common whores." He sneered as he continued to throw punch after punch. I felt something warm and sticky on my face and realized it was blood. "You are nothing. You will never be anything. You're lucky I ever took pity on your stupid ass. " With every punch, with every slap, with every word, I lost every single ounce of confidence I've ever had. He was right, wasn't he? "Look at you, your own parents didn't even want your trashy ass."

He got off of me, then looked down on me with a mischievous grin. "While I'm here, I might as well get what I've been missing out on." Harper said as he unbuckled his pants. Uh uh, this is not going to happen. You're stronger than this Imani. You don't have to be a victim. He positioned himself over me, and with strength I didn't know I had, I knee-ed him in his balls. When he rolled over in pain, I got on top of him and started hitting him, like he hit me. I wasn't going to stop. I felt someone trying to hold me, but I still didn't stop.

"Princess, wake up. Princess, Imani, Kathleen, Kathy. Wake up Kathy." I opened my eyes to realize that I was at home, and a very worried looking Nate was holding me. "You alright princess?" He asked while he held me. I couldn't even answer him, I just cried. "It's okay now, I'm here, I'll fix it honey. It was just a bad dream." Nate said soothingly. Then he started singing Make You Feel My Love. After a few minutes, I stopped crying and just laid in his arms.

"Why are you here? I thought you were going to work?" I asked him quietly. He looked at me weirdly. "Princess, you know it's 3 o'clock in the afternoon, right?" I just went to sleep though. I didn't know it's been that long. "I had a really bad headache and I took a nap." I told him. "Do you wanna go to the doctor? I know you're tired a lot but you don't really get headaches." Nate said. I smiled, he was so cute getting worried about me. "I'm fine, just a little hungry." He picked me up and carried me in the kitchen. "Well Kathleen, you're lucky I'm chef Howard in the kitchen."

Watching him prepare the food and cook was mesmerizing. He knew where everything was, what ingredients to add and he looked good as hell while doing it. I was still staring at him when he put a bowl of chicken noodle soup in front of me. "Puerto Rican style chicken noodle soup for the princess." He said before he started eating his bowl.

"How do you know all these other cultures food?" I asked. Nate shrugged before saying anything. "After my mom died, I cooked to get over it. Then I fell in love with cooking, and told my dad I wanted to be a chef. My dad told me I had to run the company when I turned 21 and being a chef was a silly dream. So, I studied really hard and worked my ass off in school, finished high school a year early, tested into college as a junior and graduated when I was 19, then spent 2 years traveling across the world, learning how to cook." He smiled weakly when he finished. I went over, climbed on his lap and faced him. "Why don't you become a chef now? I mean, it makes you happy, you're really good at it, you're only 23. You should become a chef now. Don't give up on your dream, Pretty Boy." I kissed his forehead. Nate picked up my hand and placed his fingers in between mine.

"What about yours Princess?" I smiled really wide. "I got accepted into UMBC, I shall start August 27th." I said. I think he was smiling bigger than I was. "I'm so proud of you Kathy! That's amazing." He said before he kissed me. "I love you, Kathleen." "I love you too, where's my brother?" "Isaiah says he loves you, and he'll see you tomorrow. He stayed at a friend's house for a Harry Potter marathon." I chuckled, knowing how much that boy loved comics and Harry Potter. "Oh, and you remember Sister Mary from Saint Jude?" I nodded yes. "Well, she kinda invited us to a brunch tomorrow and I said we'd go." He said quickly. I rolled my eyes hard. "I'll go, if you cuddle with me right now." I told him. Nathaniel shrugged. "Welp, let's cuddle princess."