Nathaniel

I didn't talk to Imani for the rest of the weekend, I couldn't believe she was like every other female. On Monday, I woke up early to make breakfast and take Isaiah to school. Honestly, he was probably the only reason I didn't kick Imani out.

Work was doubly stressful, I had a meeting with the board, and a press conference within an hour of each other. So I did what any other normal man in my position would do, I grabbed the new secretary and got the worst head of my life. After the girl finished trying, I fired her. God, she was terrible at it.

After I readjusted myself, I went in the board meeting. As soon as I stepped in the room, I wanted go to sleep. Everyone, except Harper and I, were 2 steps from their grave.

"Mr. Howard, what are we going to do about the Sage Hotel ?"

"Mr. Howard, how is the company going to handle this loss?"

I rolled my eyes. They were acting like it wasn't another 29 hotels we owned. "We are going to sell the Sage Hotel, eat the financial loss and in maybe 2 years, we can open up another hotel. Mr. Shiite is going to federal prison, and We'll have to pay investors 10% back."

They all looked at me like I was the second coming. I got up to go to the press conference downstairs, I couldn't stand those idiots. I couldn't even stand my own company. I hated it.

On my way to the lobby, this wrinkly old lady in a habit stopped me.

"Are you Mr. Howard?"

I nodded, I was already late.

"I just wanted to thank you in person for your generous contribution to St. Jude, it means so much."

I've never donated to St. Jude. What is this lady talking about?

I guess she figured out I had no clue what was going on. "A pretty black girl bought in the donation. Maybe about, 5'7, big brown eyes? Soft spoken? Big smile? She said she was from Howard Incorporated."

Imani. "Oh, it was a pleasure to support your cause. It just slipped my mind for a moment." I smiled at her.

"I just wanted to thank you so much Mr. Howard. You're a good man, May God bless you." The old wrinkly woman walked away.

Maybe Imani's not like other females.

I rushed home after the press conference so that me and Imani could talk. I had to make some of it right between us. I stopped to pick up some flowers and chocolates and a bear. Girls did like that right ? I walked through the door, about to apologize, when what I saw made me stop and walk back to my car.

Imani was kissing Harper.