Nathaniel

I wanted to do something special for Imani. She was there when I needed her, and I think she needs me now.

I got up at like 6 the next morning, and woke Isaiah up.

"Hey little man, we gotta go to Ms. Evangeline's house." I said as I woke him up. It took him a few minutes to get up and ready, so I made him breakfast and waited for him in the kitchen.

"Do you like my sister?" Isaiah asked as soon as he came downstairs.

"Yes. I like her a lot Isaiah."

He sat and started eating his scrambled eggs before saying anything. "Do you love her?"

"Yes."

"Are you gonna make her cry? Imani cries a lot, ya know." Isaiah gave me the most intense look I've ever seen.

I'm being grilled by an 8 year old. He's better than all of my business associates too. "I won't make her cry, I promise."

"Okay. You ready to go?" He asked. I nodded and grabbed my keys.

In the car, Isaiah asked more questions. I don't mind though, I really like the little guy.

"Why do you like comic books?"

I thought about it for a minute. Why did I like them? "My mom was a librarian, and when she'd take me to work with her, I'd read them. I've l loved them ever since then." I told him.

"Do you talk to your mom?"

I sighed a little, as my mom was still a tough subject for me. "She passed away."

Isaiah's eyes got really big, and he was quiet for a few minutes. "Don't be sad Nathan, your mom and my parents are friends in heaven." I smiled at his positive approach. "Do you talk to your daddy?" He asked.

My dad was an even tougher subject. He was more worried about the stupid company than his son, and the wench he married didn't make matters better. He married some bimbo right after my mother died, and she tried to be my mother. My father always claimed I never have her a chance, I was 10 and I needed my father. Not a skeezer trying to be my mom, not a stupid ass company I've never wanted. The few times me and my father have spoken, it's been about the company and nothing more. I like it that way.

"No, little man. I don't talk to my dad."

Isaiah shook his head as we pulled up to Ms. Evangeline's house. "If my daddy didn't die, I'd talk to him every day, all the time." He said as he got out. Ms. Evangeline opened her door and came out. "Tell Imani I love her when she wakes up. See ya later Nathan!" Isaiah yelled as he ran into Ms. Evangeline's house.

Isaiah gave me something to think about on the way home.

Maybe I should give him a call. Maybe later, not right now though.

When I got home, Imani was in the shower. She picked today of all days to wake up early. Go figure. The closer I got to the bathroom, the more I heard her. The girl had some serious vocals. I sat in the bathroom so I could hear her better.

"I found a man I can trust, and boy I believe in us.

I am terrified to love, for the first time.

Can't you see that I'm bound in chains?

I've finally found my way.

I am bound to you, I am bound to you.

So much, so young, I've faced on my own.

Walls I've built up became my home

I'm strong and I'm sure, there's a fire in us

Sweet love, so.." I didn't even realize she got out the shower till she starting screaming at me.

"OH MY GOSH why are you in here?" She screamed, trying to cover herself up.

"It's nothing I haven't seen before princess." I laughed as I handed her a towel. I grabbed her mango body butter and followed her into the bedroom.

"Take off the towel darling." Imani pulled the towel closer around her body. "Take it off now, Kathleen." I said sternly. Imani reluctantly dropped it. "That's my good girl."

I looked at her sitting there, wondering why she was insecure with her body. It was a work of art. She has curves in all the right places. Sure she had a slight pudge, but the girl's body was banging.

"You're beautiful, okay princess?" I said while kissing the stretch marks on her sides. I took my time moisturizing her, and when I finished, I kissed her feet.

"Why are you being so nice to me?" Imani asked.

"Cause I want to, now shush and let me dress you."

"Really Nate?"

"Yeah, now stop moving." I said as I put her panties on.

By the time I finished getting her ready, it was time to get our day started.

"Thank you Nate." She said as I spun her around. It was a simple outfit, a gray skirt, with a coral blouse and coral chanel sandals, but Imani made it look amazing.

"Okay, close your eyes and pick a set of keys." I said once we got to the front door. She picked the Porsche. "Alright my lady, your chariot awaits." Imani giggled as I opened her door.

"So, where are you taking me?"

"It's a surprise darling. Sit back and enjoy the ride."