Imani

I woke up around 11:30 with a sore back, and Nathaniel was nowhere in sight. Damn, last night feels like a dream. The more I got to know Nathaniel, the more I realize he's not that big of a jerk, and the more I realize that I like, no wait, love this guy. I stretched and yawned. Why have I been so tired lately? Then went to find Nathaniel.

I found him and Isaiah reading comics, in their pajamas, in the dining room. Wait, it's Friday, why isn't Nathaniel at work and Isaiah in school?

"Nathan said I can stay home with him. We're playing hockey." Isaiah said once he saw me.

"Hookey, Hey little man, I need to talk to your sister for a minute, you wanna go up to your room?"

"Can I bring the Spider-Man books?" Isaiah gave him a puppy dog look.

"Sure thing." Isaiah grabbed 2 issues, hugged my leg and ran to his room. It was nice seeing Nathaniel and Isaiah bonding.

"I'm hungry. Are you hungry?"

I nodded yes. I was starving and Nathaniel knew how to cook.

"Well, start making breakfast princess."

I know my face fell. "But why?"

He gave me a small smile. "Because darling, we had a deal last night. I tell you about me, you tell me about you and, sunshine, you are not boring."

I see why he's so good in business. "You're lucky you're handsome." I muttered under my breath as I got out the supplies to make omelettes.

"I'm much more than handsome baby girl and you know that." He smirked.

How did he hear that? And what's with the pet names?

"So, what do you want to know, pretty boy?" I asked as I put our breakfast on plates and sat down.

"Uh uh. You come sit right here." He pointed at his lap. "Come sit in daddy's lap princess."

My eyebrow shot up so fast. "Daddy?"

His brown eyes had a mischievous look. "Don't forget, we sleep in the same bed, and you talk in your sleep."

My eyes got big and my jaw dropped. What do I say?

"Close your mouth dear, a fly might get in. Now come here." He pointed at his lap again and I sat on it.

"I'm not too heavy, am I?"

"No baby girl, you're fine."

"Now, tell me about Imani." Nathaniel said as he started eating.

I shrugged. "My name is Imani Kathleen Hill, I'm 21, I have a little brother named Isaiah and my parents died."

Nathaniel looked like he was getting angry. "Don't tell me shit you can learn about on Google. l want to know why you only sing in the shower or when you think no-one can hear you. I wanna know why you cry yourself to sleep at night and why you think I don't know. I want to know why you don't wear shorts when it's warm out. I want to know how you think of smart ass comebacks so quickly. I want to know why you haven't been so feisty lately. I want to know why you love beauty and the beast so much. I want to know songs that make you happy and movies that make you cry. I want to know Imani Kathleen Hill, the person. Not what is on Wikipedia."

I sighed and put my head on his chest.

"I've never sang in front of anyone before, ever. I'm not a good singer either, so that's okay. My favourite songs are Little Wonders by Rob Thomas and Hallelujah by John Cale, they make me happy. I love romance movies, and beauty and the beast because I'm a hopeless romantic. It might sound silly, but I watch those types of movies, and dream that one day someone will fall in love with my thick thighs and plain brown eyes. I cry at night because I know that will never happen. Who am I kidding? No-one is gonna fall in love with me, I'm not pretty, I'm a size 12 with stretch marks, and I'm an escort. That makes me a fat ugly common whore, right? I have a smart ass mouth because I kinda don't want people to know how I feel about myself . I try not to get smart anymore because I got my ass beat and he kept saying, 'where's that smart ass mouth now? What do you have to say now, Ms. Hill?' That was the most humiliating, embarrassing, degrading and painful treatment I've ever gotten and I don't want you to hit me if I say something you don't like."

By now, I was crying uncontrollably on his chest, and he just held me tighter.

"It's okay now princess, I'm here now, I'll fix it." Nathaniel whispered between forehead kisses.

Why am I so emotional? Get yourself together Imani. I couldn't get myself together though. I've never told anyone else any of that before. We just stayed like that, me crying on his shoulder and him holding me tightly, for maybe an hour.

"You know you're wrong, right?"

I just looked at him. I just told him how I felt and I'm wrong?

"I wish you could see what I see. I wish you could see how your eyes lights up when you talk about something you love. How you smile with your entire face. How when you laugh, your nose wrinkles up a little. I love how you're brown, but when it's hot out you get maybe 5 shades darker. I love how bright clothes look on you. I love how your eyes are already big, but they get larger when you see something that makes you happy or sad. I like how you sleep a lot. I love your hair, and how you change it all the time. I like how you look, I love how your hips spread out, I love how your thighs touch each other. You're not a size 0, and you don't look like a girl in a magazine, but you're beautiful darling. You're beautiful outside and beautiful in your soul." Nathaniel kissed me.

"I love you Nate." I said in between kisses.

"I love you, Kathleen. I love you and I love that smart ass mouth of yours." He said confidently.

I giggled a little before asking, "Hey, I thought you white boys loved thigh gaps?"

He shrugged. "You'll have one when you sit on my face and when you ride this dick."

"Who said I want to, pretty boy?"

Nathaniel laughed. "You did, princess. I told you, you talk in your sleep."

My mouth dropped.

"Now kiss me Kathy."

He slapped my ass as I kissed him. "Now go get ready, we're going shopping Princess."

Shopping with Nate and Isaiah was fun. It wasn't even just buying things that made it fun, it was clowning around in the stores that made it hilarious. When people gave us weird looks for being an interracial couple, Nathaniel just kissed me and held Isaiah's hand tighter. When we came home, we put the bags by the door and cuddled on the couch, watching beauty and the beast till we all fell asleep.

[quick A/N: sorry for the wait guys. I usually update on my phone, but my phone literally died. I promise I'll update regularly now, from my kindle. Anyway, you guys should check out "He's my drug and I'm his private dancer" (by virgoprincess19) "Eros" by fly_wingsss and "Stealing Home" (by me :) Thank you guys, and again, I apologize for the wait.]