Nathaniel

After we finished at Gina's, I took Imani to get a manicure and pedicure.

"What color do you want me to get?" She asked, holding up like 6 different bottles.

"This one." I said, pointing to the mint green one. I just sat down to wait for her, when she started screaming. I ran over to see if she was okay.

"Nate, Nate look." The salons television was set to the national news, and they had a picture of Harper up.

' Authorities have taken Harper Elliott Evans and Isabelle Georgia Cambridge into custody earlier today. Mr. Evans and his child's mother, Ms. Cambridge, apparently smuggled 3 kilos of cocaine across state lines, with a child in the back seat. Authorities caught the pair 2 days ago, however, police had to open fire when Mr. Evans tried to run away from officers. He is paralyzed from the waist down. I'm told charges include drug trafficking, drug trafficking with intent to distribute, evading arrest, resisting arrest, assaulting an officer, child abuse and child abandonment, driving on a suspended licence, driving under the influence of a narcotic, and drug possession. Their trial starts in 3 weeks, and they are facing 50 years each. Their son will be in the care of Ms. Cambridge's family. The boy was not harmed.'

I just held Imani. That bastard got what he deserved, him and Isabelle. Harper hit Imani, and Isabelle had drugs around her kid. They deserved each other and they deserved to rot in hell. I hugged Imani a little tighter until she said she was alright.

"I guess this is the universe at work, huh?" She asked. I nodded. "Can you stay with me?" I sat in one of the chairs beside her.

They were working on her toes when Imani asked questions.

"Hey Nate, I still don't know your birthday." She said.

"It's May 29th."

Her mouth dropped open a little. "Seriously? My birthday is May 29th. May 29th, 1993." She beamed.

"91."

"It's still hard to believe, that you're only 2 years older than me. Sometimes, I think you're older cause you have to run your company and everything. What are you doing?"

I shrugged. "My stepmother is throwing a surprise party. Hey, you should come and meet my dad."

Her eyes got so big at the mention of meeting my dad. "You, you really want me too? Meet your father?" She stuttered.

Is my princess nervous? She's so cute when she's nervous. "Yes I really want you to, you're my baby girl." I told her. She was quiet after that for a while.

Imani was almost done when she said anything again. "Autumn Rae or Amari Raphael." She said quietly.

"What?" What is she talking about?

"You asked if I had kids, what would you name them. Autumn Rae or Amari Raphael."

I smiled at her. "So we'll be having 2 girls and 2 boys. I like it. Aaron Gabriel, Analeigh Sophia, Autumn Rae and Amari Raphael Howard."

"Who said I'm having 4 kids, pretty boy?"

I slid her sandals back on, then slapped her ass. "You'll enjoy making those kids, Princess. All 4 of them."

"You make beautiful baby. Beautiful baby." The cashier said in broken English.

"You heard the lady Kathleen. Beautiful babies." We laughed while I paid for her nails.

By the time we left the nail salon, it was around 6. "Alright, Princess, I need the keys. Actually, I don't. Follow me." I held her hand while we walked down the street. I didn't know where we were at all. It was a nice street, lots of businesses, and at the end of it was a park.