The Beginning.

I sighed as my alarm clock rang, waking me up. I swear I just went to sleep. I was tempted to go back to sleep for a few more minutes, but I knew I had to get my baby brother to class, then go myself.

I took a quick shower, thinking about the long night I had yesterday. My client wanted more than what I could give, so he dropped me. I needed that money for Isaiahs summer camp. I silently criticized myself as I dried off and got dressed.

I threw on a simple white t-shirt and jeans, putting my hair in a ponytail, I went to go get my little brother ready.

"Imani, I don't wanna go to school." My 8 year old brother whined.

"Why not Zay ?"

"Cause nobody likes me. They say that you're a stripper and that's why I don't have a mommy or a daddy."

I sat him down on my lap. "I'm not a stripper. Mommy and Daddy died, okay ? It's not your fault. It was an accident. And they don't wanna be your friend ? They're missing out on the greatest little guy in the whole wide world." I tickled him to make him laugh.

"I love you, Imani."

"I love you more, Isaiah. Now go take a shower."

It broke my heart to know that children were so cruel. I wasn't a stripper, I was an escort. I know most people think there's no difference, but I just attended events with über rich men. Some of the girls went farther, I never did. Maybe a quick kiss on the cheek was all you were gonna get from me.

I make enough to make sure Isaiah is fine. I make sure he has more than enough, I guess I'm over compensating because we don't have parents.

Our parents died in a freak plane accident 3 years ago. Even though I was only 18, I became Isaiah's legal guardian. I also became an escort that day. I knew it wasn't the most honorable profession, no one hires a recent high school graduate with no skills and I had to put food in my brothers belly.

"Are you ready for school Zay ?" I yelled from the kitchen.

I really need to go grocery shopping tonight. I thought as Isaiah ran to the front door.

He was so cute, with his brown skin, big brown eyes and curly hair.

I was dropping him off when my agency called me.

"Hi , I have a meeting with Ms. Rodriguez." I told her receptionist.

"Yes, Ms. Hill, Ms. Rodriguez is waiting for you. Good luck." The young girl said as she went back to typing. I took a deep breath and went in, expecting the worst.

"Ms. Hill, glad you would like to join us. Please take a seat." I sat on one of the cold, uncomfortable chairs, not even noticing the handsome stranger in the corner.

Ms. Rodriguez was someone you listened to. If she said jump, you asked how high. She reminds me of the head mistress on that kid movie, Matilda.

"Mr. Swift has decided to withdraw his account here because of your, shenanigans , last night. You were going to be put on leave, however this gentleman has told me he requires your service for the foreseeable future."

"I'm not a prostitute, Ms. Rodriguez."

I mean, the guy was fine, with those pretty brown eyes and perfectly done hair, but I wasn't doing anything with him.

"Take that up with Mr. Howard here. Excuse me.," She walked out.

"Sir, I do not, under any circumstances, do anything remotely, like that." I told him.

"Please, call me Nathaniel. And, Ms. Hill, you don't know what you'll do. Let's skip the formalities. You're mine until I give you back. Care to join me for lunch ?" He said it like he was telling me the weather.

"No thank you, I'm not a piece of property."

He laughed. "What you don't understand, Imani, is that you are my property, and you are coming to lunch with me."

He stood up, he must have been 6'2, and he was very well dressed, but he looked so young. He held the door opened for me.

Imani, what have you gotten yourself into?